The AACA forums are 24 years old!

I have been reading this forum for probably 20 years. Rarely post questions but always enjoy the advice I get. Try to answer questions when I can. Thanks to all who have helped make it what it is. The greatest antique car forum in the world! While have not met Peter yet, I did meet Ron Barrett while videoing brass cars going through a covered bridge near Waynesville, Ohio on a Reliability Tour in about 1997. Ron and his wife came through the bridge in his Hudson touring and then it died going up a hill. He roll down to where I was. We laughed and I cranked it back up and they took off but the same thing happened thus after cranking again he backed up the hill. All because of low fuel in a gravity system which is why I fill up every day on tour on my brass cars as only one has an electric Fuel pump I can turn on in those situations. I of course knew who he was from the Antique Automobile magazine and later frequent posts on this forum.

Tom Muth

Edited by tomcarnut (see edit history)

Thanks to Peter for keeping all of this together. I have used many forums for many marques over the years and have seen a number crash and burn through mismanagement or just plain lack of interest. In my experience this is definitely the most diverse and accessible forum for just about anyone interested in any type of American car. 

I’m not sure......but I think Peter has been here since the start of the forum? Is that correct? If so, just imagine this.........under AACA rules, Peter is eligible for the show field (25 years) ..........🤔

If we parked him on the field........the team of judges would sure be an interesting group! 

Pondering what class he would be placed in...........Preservation? 😝 

Sorry Peter.........gotta give the big guy some flack once in a while!

Fact is, when I first joined here I posted very little for a long time. Now it’s part of my daily routine........which brings me lots of joy.......and sometimes aggravation. That said, many of my car friends are here also..........including several close friends that I would have never had if it wasn’t for this platform. For that, I am very grateful. 

I have been here twenty years in November.......and I hope like hell I’ll be here another thirty if I’m lucky enough to have good health.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

I’m not sure......but I think Peter has been here since the start of the forum? Is that correct? If so, just imagine this.........under AACA rules, Peter is eligible for the show field (25 years) ..........🤔

If we parked him on the field........the team of judges would sure be an interesting group! 

Pondering what class he would be placed in...........Preservation? 😝 

Sorry Peter.........gotta give the big guy some flack once in a while!

Fact is, when I first joined here I posted very little for a long time. Now it’s part of my daily routine........which brings me lots of joy.......and sometimes aggravation. That said, many of my car friends are here also..........including several close friends that I would have never had if it wasn’t for this platform. For that, I am very grateful. 

I have been here twenty years in November.......and I hope like hell I’ll be here another thirty if I’m lucky enough to have good health.

hmmmm.  I prefer HPOF.  😇

• Haha 1