Can anyone identify this 1913-15 sedan?

Eastgate Motors

I would lean more towards Mercedes because of the triangle shape on the radiator is upside down for Hudson, and although I can’t match the fenders exactly to the OP, many earlier Mercedes cars appear to have a row of rivets running down the center of the front fenders.

Heres a 13 according to Pinterest...

7D5FC5B4-7909-4D9C-A8D4-4BA076D05EAC.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for these replies so far... Our first hunch was also Mercedes due mainly to the shape of the radiator and the badge which, though hard to distinguish, hints at Mercedes... but have not found another photo that matches all the features of this car...  The flat ends on the front fenders, rectangular back window, flare on end of rear fender, lamps at base of windscreen, the wire wheels... etc.. Looked at Cadillacs, Dodges...

What are the chances this is a one off coachbuilt car vs. a production body?

Thank you

9 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

I notice in those Hudson photos there are two different radiator shapes.

I think our mystery car is a relatively small model - smaller than the Hudson of the era - note the small wheels - and is probably only a 'town' car.

• Like 1

Mercedes are mostly known for their larger cars but they did build some small stuff as well. A list of the extensive range of models can be found on this page - a useful lot of info there of all models available in the UK in the teens.

1917 Motor, Marine and Aircraft Red Book: Cars - Graces Guide

Click on the required page and then click on it again to enlarge it.

Note the smallest Mercedes was 70 x 120 mm - 1847 cc.   I suspect our mystery car is a little larger than that.

I see no clues as to the location of the photos.

• Like 2

Thank you NZCarNerd... the Grace's guide is a great resource that I was unaware of..

Some background: The location is New York State and the owner of this car during this general time period 1913-1922 is known to have owned everything from Mercedes, Franklins, Fiats, Packard, Metallurgique, Buick and Saxon to Scripps Booth cyclecar

Craig G. interesting about the RAF wheels and correlation to Mercedes...  thank you

Mercedes. Looking at your photos I do stand corrected. Yup. Must be. So New York State family. Astor's? Rockefeller's? The Mill's? Roosevelt's? Must have been an upper class family. I live close to the Hudson River Mansion area where many of the prominent had summer homes. Dandy Dave!  

• Like 1