Ever sell anything and regret it down the road?

alsancle

17 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Maybe in the Rust Belt, they're difficult to find, but if one looks hard enough in in rural areas on farms, and other spots outside the city, there should be one or two lurking around still.  After all, they made over a million of them between 1970 and 1972, and the four door sedans were the most plentiful.  And four door sedans are still relatively cheap, pricewise; especially base  '300' model, which it appears is what your mom's car was.

Craig

There was a 4 door Chevelle? 

• Haha 2

I’ve always thought life’s too short and has too much to offer for frivolous “regrets”, especially on material things I’ve had but decided (or was forced), for whatever reason, to let go. 

Only things I could consider “regrettable”(?) are those I didn’t do or get when I had a chance, but fortunately there aren’t very many of those either.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

8 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

Mine was odd for a Cobra, dark green metallic.  429 CJ , 4 speed., shaker, rear window slats.

Seems like 75% of the ones that survived are the orange.  As opposed to all the GM mid sizes from the same era which are all green.

• Like 1

My 69 { Cyclone C.J. } was orange for most of its life, but coincidentally it was also dark green metallic from the factory.  Previous owner told me it was already re - painted orange when he bought it in the early 1970's. I bought it in the early 1980's.

2 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

My 69 { Cyclone C.J. } was orange for most of its life, but coincidentally it was also dark green metallic from the factory.  Previous owner told me it was already re - painted orange when he bought it in the early 1970's. I bought it in the early 1980's.

There are now way more B and E-body 1970 & '71 Mopars painted in the optional Hi-Impact colors than what left the factory.

Craig

• Like 1

My car was still in original orange paint the last time I saw it. Rusty and orange. Had a few Chevelle SS 396 and 454 owners call it a Hallowe'en  pumpkin because of the orange/black paint.

Beat both of them in drag racing. Then another guy with a 67 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi bragged about how I wouldn't stand a chance against him. Beat him 3 out of 3. They didn't like that and figured they should start a fist fight. I decided it was time to go home. They didn't bother chasing me.

• Like 1