For Sale: 1956 Buick Super - "Excellent condition, Runs & drives well" - Syracuse, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 & 4/28 Reduced

6T-FinSeeker

For sale on Craigslist: 1956 Buick Super 4-door Sedan in Syracuse, NY  -  $11,900  -  Contact Jack:  315 416 55 one zero

On 4/28, Seller reduced price to $11,500

On 5/7, Seller reduced price to $9,900 and relisted

Link to 5/20 relist: https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/d/syracuse-antique-classic-1956-buick/7323807225.html

Seller's Description:

1956 Buick Super 4-door Sedan

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 94,000
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

Collector is thinning his herd of classic autos. I HAVE OTHERS FOR SALE, but Im starting with this Buick- Auto, 94k. Recent paint, power steering and brakes, and in very nice shape. Runs and drives well. Serious inquiries may call for more information. No dreamers, time wasters or joy riders. Please be respectful of everybody's time. More pictures available. (Making the decision to part with them is difficult enough) Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

image.png.8fa7bfda5f994db44d549c2fc3692a75.png

image.png.ae91589a060e203005d5cb9d5da67a41.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • Like 3

WOW anther stunning 4 door Buick for sale and this one is at a more than reasonable price.  There was a '55(?) Roadie for sale on BAT and and I believe it sold more than 25 grand.  Buy this one and you'll be smiling every time you drive it.

There are 4 port holes on the fenders and this is a Super; is that correct?  I thought the 4 port holes were for Roadie's only...

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deac said:

WOW anther stunning 4 door Buick for sale and this one is at a more than reasonable price.  There was a '55(?) Roadie for sale on BAT and and I believe it sold more than 25 grand.  Buy this one and you'll be smiling every time you drive it.

There are 4 port holes on the fenders and this is a Super; is that correct?  I though the 4 port holes were for Roadie's only...

The Supers got their fourth port hole in '56. Only the Special still had three.

Spectacular car at a good price. Great colors!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, suchan said:

The Supers got their fourth port hole in '56. Only the Special still had three.

Spectacular car at a good price. Great colors!

Supers and Centurys received a fourth porthole in '55, not '56.  I remember the change quite clearly, because my dad, having ponied up for a new Roadmaster coupe in 1954 (distinguished, of course, by its 4 holes), was beyond upset to see the additional hole awarded for 1955 to "those cheap cars."  His fit of pique was not exactly calmed when his 8-year-old son (me) suggested that there might be more important concerns in life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Buickborn said:

Supers and Centurys received a fourth porthole in '55, not '56.  I remember the change quite clearly, because my dad, having ponied up for a new Roadmaster coupe in 1954 (distinguished, of course, by its 4 holes), was beyond upset to see the additional hole awarded for 1955 to "those cheap cars."  His fit of pique was not exactly calmed when his 8-year-old son (me) suggested that there might be more important concerns in life.

You're absolutely right!

Thanks for the correction.

Like your story, too. We were "second-hand Ford" folks, so we left the Buick issues to the next door neighbors, who drove nothing but.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Buick Super - "Excellent condition, Runs and drives well" - Syracuse, NY - Not Mine - 4/28 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Buick Super - "Excellent condition, Runs & drives well" - Syracuse, NY - Not Mine - 4/28 Reduced

Gee Whiz, WD40 or not  $11,500 is a damn good price!  I wonder what is holding it back?

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Buick Super - "Excellent condition, Runs & drives well" - Syracuse, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 & 4/28 Reduced
On 5/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, deac said:

Gee Whiz, WD40 or not  $11,500 is a damn good price!  I wonder what is holding it back?

On 5/7, Seller reduced price to $9,900 and relisted.

5/20 relist: https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/d/syracuse-antique-classic-1956-buick/7323807225.html

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)