Convertible top installation

Karlw144

I replaced a top on a Reatta convertible about 2 years ago and it was very easy.

There is no stretching so to speak and all you have to do is first align the beading of the new top over the windshield and glue it and put on the strip and then do the same at the rear. Make sure the top is aligned squarely and glue and attach the top in the rear and you are done. The top attaches solely to the frame so there is no stretching to make it fit to the body.

I think last time I paid just over $ 500 from Tops On Line but just last Thursday I ordered another one from them and it was $ 440.

The one I ordered from topsonline will come with a plastic back window. 

This car is a rust free '90 convertible from FL/OK and I will be selling it but I am guessing the buyer will use this car for pleasure and not judging so by putting in a plastic window I will have less in the car and can sell it for less. 

One note about topsonline is I just called them today. I ordered the top on April 8th and there is a 4 week time lag so I won't get the top until estimated May 9.

I drove one with the plastic window and the top also felt thinner and found it to be noisier with the top up, also the rear defogger would be missed.  I passed on this particular beautiful example because I personally could not live with the plastic window and the cost of replacing the new top was just not cost effective.  Plastic windows also get ugly quickly.  I can see both sides on a flip car but certainly a risky move, that few hundred dollars saved may totally turn off a buyer