1920s/1930s Parts ID - Axles, steering boxes, body panels, water pump & Chandler wheel

John E. Guitar

What is it?

Post photos of vehicles or parts you wish to identify.

What is it - Rules

• One item to identify per post.  (Do NOT combine items in a post -----------------This
  • Subject line needs more than "What is it?"  BE DESCRIPTIVE.
  • Refrain from off-topic conversations. ie. Answer the question.

Posts and replies that do not follow these simple rules will be deleted without comment.

I’m going way out on a long thin limb here, gonna make a WAG and expose my suspicion that these parts are somewhere in Australia. Verifying this would be of significant value for two groups of car guys. 

NUMBER 1. : Those who are somewhere in Australia

NUMBER 2 : Everybody else

I am looking at a map of Australia. Appears to be a fair sized country. In fact, I think someone told me that Australia is actually a whole entire continent. Maybe it was my nephew Guy, or his wife Cassie who are now Australian citizens. Hmmmmm..............  If in fact this hunch I have is correct, the size of Australia being what it is, perhaps refining the location of these parts would aid in their finding a new domicile. 

Please forgive my somewhat rambling speculative pap here. I am presently suffering momentary insomnia, so I beg forgiveness if none of this makes any sense. Then again, wattayazall think ?    -   C Carl 

P.S. O.K. I just took remedial action and ingested a soporific. As an ill and aged specimen, I absolutely must partake of the regenerative benefit of a good dose of sleep. As I wait for the little pill to take effect, I have re-read the above. It is yet another example of my boorish verbosity. An affinity for prolix being one of my many flaws, I should, by way of apology, rephrase the intent of my laborious ramblings : “Always a good idea to include location” (particularly when dealing with large lots or large parts). Thank you,  -  CC

Edited by C Carl
Add P.S. (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

OoooooeeeeeEEEEEE !! I was really on a roll as I tossed and turned unable to sleep. Wow ! I think I will leave it up for a bit and live with the shame. But before I do that I will preserve the bottom line :

10 hours ago, C Carl said:

Always a good idea to include location” (particularly when dealing with large lots or large parts). Thank you,  -  CC

I sure don't see any problem of this guy putting this pile of parts on the site. I know there has to be rules but he's not some dealer with page after page of "who cares" stuff in boxes to identify. With the pile he may get some valuable info on which ones might go together,or who might be interested in what,etc. The heart of this club is the preservation of this early stuff and this post is right up that alley,saving good stuff from the melting pot. 

• Like 2

Yessir, sage’. I could not possibly agree more with every word you just posted. Salvation from the fires of the pot depends on the parts having a guardian angel. If that particular angel’s sphere of influence is centered a mere 1/2 mile away from the precious parts, salvation, or perhaps a temporary holding pattern in purgatory, that may well effect a “hookup”. Now if instead of that 1/2 mile, we are talking 1/2 way around the world, I believe we may have to call upon the intercession of yet a different particular g.a. I really don’t know where these parts languish, unwanted, unloved. Did I miss something ? ❤️😇. Yeah , location = salvation.   -   CC  

Andrew, Thanks for the location, but I'll pass on specific contact details. About 6 months ago picked up a load of Packard parts from a guy near Newcastle, about a 500km round trip for me, with a view to passing them on for free to other Packard owners. Still have them! So not anxious to add more to the accummulation.

Thanks Mal.

The guy with the parts was going to take them to some guy in or near Moss Vale with an antique shop if I couldn't find anyone interested. I'll probably message him to do that.

He couldn't remember the exact name of the place. The only place around there I can think of is Grandpa's Shed at Fitzroy Falls.

Andrew, Can't think of much in the way of Antique Shops near Moss Vale although there is one at Sutton Forest. There are a number of Antique Shops at Mittagong as well as Grandpa's Shed at Fitzroy Falls. But.....from what I've seen, none of these establishments trade in large/old car parts, it's usually smaller bits and pieces in glass fronted cabinets.