Fuel mileage...

So, I bought this super wow carb adapter guaranteed to give 35% more fuel mileage. Next I got a really high zoot coil guaranteed to give me a 60% increase in fuel mileage. Finally installed some triple electrode spark plugs guaranteed to give me 15% better fuel mileage. Imagine my surprise when the freakin gas tank overflowed...!

• Haha 3

Years ago, while working a warehouse job.........the guy with a new 1985 T Bird Turbo kept bragging about his fuel mileage. So we started to add 3/4 of a gallon to 1 1/2 gallons of gas to his tank every day without his knowledge. We tried to figure out his routine as not to make him suspicious. For over two weeks he was convinced he was getting 80 mpg. It was more difficult to go the other direction..........every few days we did manage to get some fuel out as well. It was a great to mess with him for an entire month. We he found out, he was NOT amused! There was a memo posted about not doing anything in the parking lot to anyone’s cars........the boss didn’t have a sense of humor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, edinmass said:

Years ago, while working a warehouse job.........the guy with a new 1985 T Bird Turbo kept bragging about his fuel mileage. So we started to add 3/4 of a gallon to 1 1/2 gallons of gas to his tank every day without his knowledge. We tried to figure out his routine as not to make him suspicious. For over two weeks he was convinced he was getting 80 mpg. It was more difficult to go the other direction..........every few days we did manage to get some fuel out as well. It was a great to mess with him for an entire month. We he found out, he was NOT amused! There was a memo posted about not doing anything in the parking lot to anyone’s cars........the boss didn’t have a sense of humor.

We did some parking lot tricks too. There was this one guy that had so much pride being the 1st one out at the end of the day. One day everyone blocked him in and were nowhere to be found ( as far as he knew). After he took the long walk up front and brought the boss back they were all gone. Of course. Another day, being a proud enabler, I had chopped off the right size cinder block and painted it flat black. We jacked up the car and set it under the axle, dropped down you couldn't see it. There he was, "vroooom-vrooom" couldn't move. We let him stew a little. The last straw was we stuck a big nose and glasses on his rear lic plate, but it wasn't a nose (decorum rules says use your imagination and you're likely right). After that management let him park up front. Coddled feelings aren't new, this was in the late 80s.

I was the guy that got the other pledges in the frat house to help me put the pledge masters VW up on the front porch of the house the day before Xmas break. He was a little skinny dictator type of guy. Still there when we got back but I got kicked out of the fraternity for that stunt. So much for brotherly love. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)