Sources for Rebuilt Fuel Pump 53,54,early 55

MrEarl

Finding a couple vendors for rebuilding my '54 Century's fuel pump. Quite a bit of difference in price between Fusick  @ $159 exchange http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FP-9763  and Hal Houghton at The Classic Preservation Coalition  @ $215 exchange http://www.classicpreservation.com/fprestoreprices.html  Anybody have experience with either or know of other sources. I tried Then and Now but got on a merry go round on their web site.

I sent mine to Bob's a few years ago. I was satisfied with the rebuild and it's still going strong. Can't remember what it cost but whatever it was, it was better than the one I had rebuilt out East of me that used to have a good reputation until the owner passed. I actually sent the rebuilt one in to Bob's to have rebuilt again.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, old-tank said:

Pumps kits to rebuild yourself or see my website:  Here...use the arm from late 55 56 dome pump.

Getting hard to find good cores that have not been rebuilt over and over.

Thanks Willie. A wise man once said "(if you are not comfortable rebuilding a pump and getting aggravated by attaching the diaphragms to the links, then just send yours in for rebuild...at least you don't have to install valves and diaphragm shaft seals).   

I really want to just send in one of the many cores I have laying around for a rebuild and be done with it. I've read of folks with better skills than I have had problems seating the valves and them coming loose etc.  Unless I hear that someone has had a problem with Fusick I will likely go with them. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:50 AM, MrEarl said:

...A wise man once said "(if you are not comfortable rebuilding a pump and getting aggravated by attaching the diaphragms to the links, then just send yours in for rebuild...at least you don't have to install valves and diaphragm shaft seals)....   

Had I known what kind of struggle that was going to be, I might have made the same decision!  Just finished a the pump rebuild on my '46 76-S last week.  I'm anything but a professional, but yeeeeeesh, I clocked over 4 hours to get it fully re-linked and re-assembled!  When I looked up and saw it was past 1am... ooof.  Haven't put the build to the test yet, so we'll see if it the finished product even works, soon!

• Like 2