Tampa Nugget Rolls Royce

stretch cab

About 55 years ago I attended a car show in I think Tarpon Springs, Fl and there was a very early Rolls town car that I believe was owned by the owner of Tampa Nugget Cigars.  Seems like the car was a 1912 but what I remember most was the paint scheme.  It was painted with vertical strips as I remember.  It was a very impressive car.  Anybody remember this car and maybe have a picture?

Yes, that was the name.  As I remember the car had just been restored in England and maybe was being shown for the first time.  I was just a kid but it sure made an impression on me.  I imagine that we have some home movies of the car somewhere but maybe someone will have some pictures.

13 hours ago, stretch cab said:

About 55 years ago I attended a car show in I think Tarpon Springs, Fl and there was a very early Rolls town car that I believe was owned by the owner of Tampa Nugget Cigars.  Seems like the car was a 1912 but what I remember most was the paint scheme.  It was painted with vertical strips as I remember.  It was a very impressive car.  Anybody remember this car and maybe have a picture?

I was there too!  Wasn't the car painted in a light cream/beige color?

Capt. Harley😉

I remember the Tarpon Springs Car Shows around the tidal basin.  I was a young guy

with my first 1934 Ford.   Lot's of brass cars including Millard's Rolls.  They had a "Gas Light Parade thru town in the evening every year.   One year I ran out of gas in the parade and coasted into a closed gas station.   People watching in lawn chairs jumped up and offered

help, one of which owned the station.  He ran inside an turned on the pumps and I got gas.

Just in time to get back in the parade when it came back thru town.   That was the beginning of a long history of running out of gas for me.  

• Like 3