For Sale: 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe - $42,500 - Plano, TX - Not Mine - Still Available. Same Price, $42,500: September 2021:

For Sale: 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe - $42,500 - Plano, TX - Still Available. Same Price, $42,500: September 2021: See new link below:

Classic 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)

Chrysler was taken to the restoration shop where it was completely dismantled to the bare frame. The drive line was pulled and the frame and body were prepared for blasting and paint. The engine was disassembled rebuilt and painted. Meticulous care went into making sure everything was correct and as new. All new metal lines and wiring were installed. All the engine accessories were also restored to original factory matching finish. Later, the engine was reunited with the now bead blasted and painted frame and suspension components and the beautifully refinished body components with a blue turquoise perfect finish. Several more months of interior work was completed including all new original type materials on seats and all other interior components, floor mats, door handles, dash knobs, and bright metal work. The restoration was a lengthy one taking hundreds of hours by professional craftsmen comes with an original 1938 license plate and new cloth car cover. The FCH Historical Registry Services provided documentation stating this 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe was delivered new on November 1937 by Chrysler of New York with a copy of the original car delivery documentation.

Price $42,500

Contact: Call me (214) nine-nine-1-5-8-0-one or e-mail for more info or pictures

Copy and paste in your email:   680443ee53c93f24ab1125e6e03e36aa@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe.

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX a.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX c.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX b.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX d.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX e.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX f.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX g.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX h.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX i.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX j.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX k.jpg

'38 Chrysler Royal coupe TX l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available. Same Price, $42,500: September 2021: (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Fossil said:

I'm guessing they are there to give any viewers an idea of how large the trunk is. 

Yes, I thought that but who is buying a car like this for its golf club carrying capability or the number of groceries that fit in the trunk.  A couple of yardsticks would do the job.  I know, just being too picky. 

It is is a really nice car. I don’t know if it’s worth the asking price in today’s market.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deac said:

Please excuse my naiveite but what makes this car worth 42,000 dollars?  I am not a Chrysler guy...

It isn't worth that, watch the price reduce over the next few months as reality sets in...    Though, it does look rather nice...

• Like 2

I am trying to buy a car that is priced over market value.  The guy rationalized his price by saying "I know what I have in it".  What you have in it versus what the market will bear are two different things!  As a buyer I don't care what the seller has in it!  I buy cars based on market value!  So the guy with the Dodge is crazy......

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, deac said:

I am trying to buy a car that is priced over market value.  The guy rationalized his price by saying "I know what I have in it".  What you have in it versus what the market will bear are two different things!  As a buyer I don't care what the seller has in it!  I buy cars based on market value!  So the guy with the Dodge is crazy......

And if they look at a "price guide" to get their value, you're equally screwed.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, deac said:

I believe that you are right on the mark. Some people own a car for a long period of time and attach some sentimental value to the car and some price their car based on market value plus whatever they can get. It's up to the buyer to draw the line. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe - $42,500 - Plano, TX - Not Mine - Still Available. Same Price, $42,500: September 2021:
  • 2 years later...

Still available, no price shown in the new ad...I loved the last line of the text:  

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/farmersville-1938-chrysler-royal/7690271319.html

1938 Chrysler Royal 5 window club coupe. The price is in US $ The restoration started years ago and the Chrysler was taken to the shop, where it was completely dismantled down to the frame. The driveline was pulled and the frame and body were prepared for blasting, and paint. The engine was disassembled, rebuilt, and repainted. Meticulous care went into making sure everything was in order, even the lines and wiring in the engine bay were sorted through. All the engine accessories were also repainted to correctly match. Months later, the engine was finally reunited with the now bead blasted and painted frame and suspension components and the beautifully refinished Body adorned with Blue Turquoise paint . Several more months of interior work was completed, including refinished seats and new interior components, floor mats, door handles, dash knobs, and bright metalwork. The restoration was a lengthy one occupying hundreds of hours and at of a cost well over hundred thousand dollars. Hard to find this days wen the most business coupe's are gone. Comes with a original 1938 license plate a cover and luggage .Registration in my name with the FCH Historical services. Last picture is the, 38chrysler.com . Chrysler showroom on Broadway New York city were the Chrysler in november 1937 was delivered. Illness finally force sale call 214 991 5801 or e mail me i had some offers that brings tires in my eyes but i am over that now.

image.png.7dbf05b120ef213125d858a884de380f.png

• Like 2