Just wondering question... could a water cooled car operate just fine without the radiator in cold weather?

deaddds

According to the owners manual, my old 2009 F150 could run without coolant long enough to get you to safety. 
Never tried it but it was supposed to alternate active cylinders with the idea the air could cool the inactive cylinders. If too hot it would then shut down. I guess it had both a coolant temperature sensor, and a cylinder head temperature sensor. The head sensor was not in the coolant, but into the metal of the head.

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Sorry was in 1976 and in Texas. Cannot quote specs other to say it worked. Got idea from the "Complete Idiot" book.

The only good thing about the Idiot book was some of the illustrations and Muir's thoughts on warming up a air cooled engine. which he probably got out of the Wright 3350 Duplex radial engine's take off checklist.

The guy was completely out of the dark ages, I mean balancing a set of rods on a makeshift balance beam???????? The caption should have said " HOW TO THROW A ROD"    Give me a break! 

Illustration example;

image.jpeg.18d08d6569064f5a5ef9b61b8101500e.jpeg

• Haha 1

Had many books on Westphalia (I prefer factory manuals) just was one that touted the RVEECO cooler & planning a trip out west in mid summer (with Jalousie windows open they rattled a bit but inside always seemed cool.. Was VW that melted the coil in the middle of the Arizona desert and I found one in a junk 62 Chevvy that worked fine.

10 hours ago, Pfeil said:

I mean balancing a set of rods on a makeshift balance beam????????

If one does not have another scale, then it beats just installing them. A poor workman  blames his tools!😄

The illustrations are great.👍 

14 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

If one does not have another scale, then it beats just installing them. A poor workman  blames his tools!😄

The illustrations are great.👍 

Frank, NO, If someone is trying to balance rods in that fashion he has no business in doing that sort of thing at all. He should stop.