2021 AACA National Activities Calendar - UPDATED (as of 2 February 2021)

Guest Mark McAlpine

Guest Mark McAlpine

UPDATED ON 2 FEBRUARY 2021 TO REFLECTED POSTPONEMENT OF THE CHANGE IN DATES FOR THE 2021 SPECIAL WESTERN NATIONALS AND 2021 WESTERN DIVISIONAL TOUR--BOTH WERE PUSHED BACK ONE WEEK TO DECONFLICT WITH THE DATES FOR THE VMCCA TOUR IN ARIZONA ON 7-13 NOVEMBER.

The new year is almost here and a COVID-19 vaccine is on the horizon.  I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for 2021 to begin.  If you haven’t already planned which AACA national activities you’re going to attend in 2021, now’s the time to start doing it—car season will be here before you know it.

The AACA has a great calendar of national activities scheduled for 2021—8 Nationals/Grand Nationals and 8 Tours.  (And your local regions and chapters have additional fun activities to do in between these national activities!)  Thank you to all the AACA regions, chapters, and individuals that stepped forward to host these activities for the rest of us to enjoy:

- April 8-10, 2021:  AACA Southeastern Spring Nationals in Concord, NC

- April 15-17, 2021:  AACA Annual Convention in Philadelphia, PA

- April 19-22, 2021:  AACA Southeastern Divisional Tour in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL

- May 20-25, 2021:  AACA Founders Tour in Davis, WV

- June 2-5, 2021:  AACA Eastern Divisional Tour in the Eastern Shore of Maryland

- June 17-19, 2021:  AACA Eastern Spring Nationals in Saratoga Springs, NY

- July 1-3, 2021:  AACA Central Spring Nationals in Auburn, IN

- July 11-16, 2021:  AACA Vintage Tour in Lock Haven & Wellsboro, PA

- July 22-24, 2021:  AACA Grand Nationals in New Ulm, MN

- August 13-14, 2021:  AACA Western Fall Nationals in Loveland, CO

- September 9-11, 2021:  AACA Southeastern Fall Nationals in Greenville, SC

- September 12-17, 2021:  AACA Revival AAA Glidden Tour® in Saratoga Springs, NY (VMCCA hosted)

- October 6-9, 2021:  AACA Eastern Fall Nationals in Hershey, PA

- October 11-15, 2021:  AACA Southeastern Divisional Fall Tour in Mt. Airy, NC

- October 18-22, 2021:  AACA Central Divisional Tour in Broken Arrow, OK

- November 11-13, 2021:  AACA Special Western Nationals in Phoenix, AZ

- November 14-17, 2021:  AACA Western Divisional Tour in Phoenix, AZ

The host regions/chapters and the Nationals/Tour Chairpersons have put a lot of time and effort into planning and organizing these shows and tours (especially difficult during these challenging times).  Please support them by registering to participate in these shows and tours.  We’re holding activities in a number of places we haven’t been to before and others we haven’t been to in years.  This year is the time to visit & explore new places and return to some old favorites.

Again, please support your fellow AACA regions and members by participating in these national activities—let’s set participation records at each!  

I look forward to seeing you at these activities next year.  Until then, be safe and stay healthy.

Edited by Mark McAlpine
Updated on 2 Feb 2021 to reflect change in dates for 2021 Special Western Nationals & 2021 Western Divisional Tour (see edit history)

Guest Mark McAlpine
12 hours ago, nick8086 said:

Can I get more info on this meet:

March 17-20, 2021:  AACA Special Dual Nationals (Special Nationals & Grand Nationals) in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Do you take a car or is this just a vacation??

You can take a car if you want to (just don't try to drive it to the show--you'll get a little wet) just like some of our members in Puerto Rico occasionally bring their vehicles to AACA shows here in the Continental United States.  The Special Dual Nationals provide a good excuse to add a few extra days to your trip and explore & enjoy Puerto Rico.

These are full-up shows and the Puerto Rico Region has exerted considerable effort planning them and the associated activities.  Based on the region's performance with the Special Nationals (then "Meet") they hosted in 2015, this will be a fantastic experience.  I strongly encourage you and others to participate--we definitely need judges.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, Mark McAlpine said:

You can take a car if you want to (just don't try to drive it to the show--you'll get a little wet) just like some of our members in Puerto Rico occasionally bring their vehicles to AACA shows here in the Continental United States.  The Special Dual Nationals provide a good excuse to add a few extra days to your trip and explore & enjoy Puerto Rico.

These are full-up shows and the Puerto Rico Region has exerted considerable effort planning them and the associated activities.  Based on the region's performance with the Special Nationals (then "Meet") they hosted in 2015, this will be a fantastic experience.  I strongly encourage you and others to participate--we definitely need judges.

Maybe he has an Amphicar    🤣

• 2 weeks later...

if Puerto Rico looks safe. we plan to be there. it is  always a great meet

I  hope we get early vacine, but doubt it be available here.  as Washington State Govonor  wants independent tests performed by the state on any new vaccines. there at least 3 going for Federal approvals.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

Good point, Annie--thanks for the reminder!

Have a great Christmas.  I hope to see you on one of the coming tours and/or shows.  My fingers are crossed, too!

• Guest changed the title to 2021 AACA National Activities Calendar - UPDATED (as of 27 Dec 2020)
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello!  Me again :)  Thanks Mark!  Things were good, albeit, quiet as I am still recovering from knee replacement surgery!   Hoping you all had a much less exciting time!!

2 questions -

When will Charlotte be open for registering vehicles and judges?

Joel and I are considering doing the MD tour in the beginning of June (if it is still on).  For certain reasons, we cannot commit 100% on going until the end of April/beginning of May.  When the registration opens up, can I register to hold our place and then cancel if things don't work out?

Thanks to all members and chapters who are (hoping to) hosting events this year and here's to a much more fun and exciting 2021!! :)

Mark,  What region is hosting the 2021 Southeastern Fall Nationals in Greenville, SC? Is there any information on-line about this National?  Not looking for a lot a details at this point just where the National will be held so I can look into hotels, etc. This would be a long haul for me so planning for me will be key. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Mark McAlpine
On 1/25/2021 at 11:04 PM, charlier said:

Mark,  What region is hosting the 2021 Southeastern Fall Nationals in Greenville, SC? Is there any information on-line about this National?  Not looking for a lot a details at this point just where the National will be held so I can look into hotels, etc. This would be a long haul for me so planning for me will be key. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

The South Carolina Region is hosting the 2021 Southeastern Fall Nationals.  Paul Ianaurio is the Chairperson.  Wayne Ianaurio is the Registration Chairperson.  I just checked on the AACA website (which you probably did earlier today) and the info about the show is not posted yet, but should be soon.  It's going to be a great show, and they're going to have a special commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on our country.

Edited by Mark McAlpine
Changed "terrorism" to "terrorist" (see edit history)

• Guest changed the title to 2021 AACA National Activities Calendar - UPDATED (as of 2 February 2021)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:14 PM, Mark McAlpine said:

The South Carolina Region is hosting the 2021 Southeastern Fall Nationals.  Paul Ianaurio is the Chairperson.  Wayne Ianaurio is the Registration Chairperson.  I just checked on the AACA website (which you probably did earlier today) and the info about the show is not posted yet, but should be soon.  It's going to be a great show, and they're going to have a special commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on our country.

Mark, any updates on when information about this National may be posted? 

BTW, when I checked the list of Chapters & Regions on the AACA website I cannot seem to find a region listed under the state of South Carolina with the name "South Carolina Region" or a region located in Greenville, SC. Is this region listed on the AACA website under a different name? Any email addresses for the chairman or registration chair?  Thanks...

On 3/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, charlier said:

Mark, any updates on when information about this National may be posted? 

BTW, when I checked the list of Chapters & Regions on the AACA website I cannot seem to find a region listed under the state of South Carolina with the name "South Carolina Region" or a region located in Greenville, SC. Is this region listed on the AACA website under a different name? Any email addresses for the chairman or registration chair?  Thanks...

Charlie,

When I looked at the listing of Regions and Chapters, I see this for the South Carolina Region

South Carolina Region
President - Wayne Ianuario
312 Chancellors Park CT
Simpsonville, SC  29681

This is the e-mail address for Wayne Ianuario

wianuario@gmail.com 

Tim

• Thanks 1

Tim,

Thank You Very Much.  

I guess it comes down to:

a) I need new glasses

b) It was right under my nose and I looked right at it

c) I used a link that connected me to an old version of the list

d) The South Carolina Region information was added after I looked at the page.

I am thinking the answer is most likely  B.  🤣

Thanks Again.