Pierce arrow truck wheels wanted

blastermike

Looking for a set of front wheels for my 1926 pierce truck xa 2 ton model

correct wheels are 20” with two rows of flat spokes and have solid rubber

im also in need a few other smaller bits and pieces, the model xb 3 ton pierce are the same also

if anyone can help please let me know

thanks mike

added a few pictures of the wheels im looking for

C28C3173-0E71-418B-9D54-DDC4F8ACCDD9.jpeg

A756A719-2F70-4F2B-A447-D800F4E0C66A.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well AL  where to begin, the collection of 4 pierce arrow trucks that were in Massachusetts were originally bought to my attention by a fellow pierce arrow truck owner in pensylvania 

he had a banner made some years ago which he put up on his stand at Hersheys, the banner had on it “pierce arrow truck parts wanted” and his contact details or something like that, anyway years go by and then one day out of the blue a guy phones him up and tells him he wants to sell 4 PA trucks but he wants them to all go as one deal, he didnt want to muck around with lots of people coming to his property, so i got told about them, there was an early complete 2 ton 1917 truck and a couple of 20’s parts trucks, (as described by the owner) the other truck was a 20’s 5 ton model with a dumpbed on back and it was restored and ran, this was the one he wanted, anyway with covid complicating everything and the logistics of buying and moving 4 trucks it was just too hard, so nothing happened and they sold to someone else and then about a month later they popped up on the pierce arrow facebook page and through facebook i  ended up buying the parts i needed from one of the parts trucks which was the same era as mine except a heavier model which shares the same diametre wheels only they are an inch wider, i couldnt pass them up, ive also got the gearstick and selector topcover which is in a bad state but good enough for a patern ? if i cant repair the bits?  light brkts, bumper mount springs and shafts and leftside engine cover, i now have the parts safely stored at a mates place in Virginia with a pile of Liberty parts and hope to ship it all back here sometime next year, its actually been just over a year now since i had my first set of pierce arrow wheels and some other parts that i bought in CA lost by a useless nz shipping company, but ive kept at it and now got a result that im happy with, 

mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have hunted Pierce Arrows in Massachusetts for fifty years.........and was not familiar with the four trucks........I wonder how they escaped me. What town were they in? Having a home in the state, I probably have driven by them and not realized they were  just a few feet away.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Ed, look on the pierce arrow facebook page, the guys name is Artie he wants to sell some of the trucks

the 1917 2 ton truck is what id like but with covid and shipping been really hard to get done i had to pass, ive seen your survivor car, looks amazing,

check out those trucks mate

cheers mike.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mike, all shipping companies have a warehouse that undeliverable goods go into. The company likely will not admit they lost the shipment or that the warehouse exists but it does. it would take some sleuthing but you should be able to find your lost wheels.

Years ago now I ordered some parts from a guy and the parts were boxed up and set on the dock. The shipping guy was supposed to come out and label the box but got distracted and the shipping company picked the box up. Nobody wanted to admit a mistake was made but with some persistence, I contacted the warehouse and described what I needed. They found it and shipped it to me.

Edited by AHa (see edit history)

Hi AHa

yes i have heard about things going to wharehouses as unclaimed, 

both the companies sharing the yard said anything that was left was scrapped, and thats as far as i could get with either of them, 

the yard was sold/leased to ups and apparently a new building was put up, this was in buena park ca, the real shame of it for me wasnt just the pierce arrow parts, i also had two sets (12) correct good condition 2nd hand solid rubber tyres that i got from the bernie long auction for my 2 Liberty trucks that i only paid $40 each for, so ive now got to source more correct solids for those projects, it was a nz shipping company that let me down and i never got any compensation either, thanks for the advice, i appreciate your help

cheers mike

Mike,

I don't know how much time has passed and I'm sure that is a factor, but as I said before, boxes that get lost in shipping go to a warehouse. Sometimes the shipping labels get torn off in shipping or failed to put on in the first place. The shipping company I used would not admit they picked up a shipment without a label, had no record of my shipment, and were downright rude all the way around. The company I purchased from swore the box was shipped. It took some persistence on my part but I finally found a phone number for the warehouse and sure enough they found my box and shipped it on to me.

There is a thing called a contract. They can't just dispose of things they have contracted to ship. They keep all this quiet, that way they can periodically have an auction and sell off the warehouse as unclaimed goods without much fuss. It may be too late for you. If the warehouse has been demolished, then the auction has already occurred, and the wheels very well may have been scrapped. They still could be setting in a scrap yard somewhere. I'm sorry, this information is probably getting to you late. There are people in this country who make a pretty good living buying bulk at warehouse auctions and selling the stuff on ebay.

• Thanks 1