Well this one did well

Y-JobFan

I have said many times before that a well written advertisement with lots of good photos is key to getting top dollar for a car. I think that was the case here to. It brought a premium price in spite of it being what many consider to be that boring red/tan color combo. With just a little work, someone can have them an instant show car. That is what a lot of people are looking for who have the money to spend.

• Like 1

Agree, advertising is everything. OTOH the supplies have dried up. Lets put in perspective just a few months ago acquired two 89 Allantes, both with hardtop, both resale red, one really nice and one driver quality that is being a learning experience. Both run and drive well and have cold AC. 3/8 what that Reatta sold for. For both. Didn't plan that way, just happened. FSMs available on CD (had before purchase) but both came with both owner's and service manuals.

Thinking about selling my SLKs (SLK320 auto, SLK230, 5-speed), may make a twofer. Qualify for antique insurance. Now out of space and license plates.

These three coupes, all nice clean example but only one having lower miles (the red/tan with 40k miles which sold for the least) all did very respectably as well, especially the white 89,   Red 90 $5500 (40k miles)-91 Polo Green $6800-(102k miles)-89 White $8100(73kmiles)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264791096657
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114285266263

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254727974314

21 minutes ago, handmedownreatta said:

my car needs paint and minor body work plus minor interior repair.its valued  at around a thousand dollars.all origional.but someone gave 19 times that for that convertible?btw i do love convertibles.

There is a world of difference between a coupe needing what you mention and a Ultra low production, low mileage convertible needing nothing.  With Reatta’s condition is everything.  Case in point are the 3 coupes That I listed, all

very clean, all brought great money.  Run of the mill Reatta’s are a dime a dozen right now in the market so the excellent stand out

I think location is more important for people looking for drivers or nice recreational cars, I think true collectors buy the best car they can get or one that the just have to have  regardless of location.  I’ve bought and sold way to many Show cars that had shipping or long distance travel involved to think otherwise.  I have also brokered a lot of show car deals that Almost exclusively involved shipping distance 

I agree condition is a bigger, if you factor the cost of repairs, and with these cars a lot of parts are very hard to find, you can get upside down easily. Depends on who does the work, etc. etc. but I think it's true, then you have a restored car, not a top notch original which is usually the more desirable.

Keith