Need to identify US 4-door sedan from late 60s / early 70s

TotoLolo

Hello, I would like to identify the brand and model of this vehicle. I believe the photo was taken in the early 70s (1971 or 1972). Also, if someone were to have the specs (engine, dimensions, features offered inside), that would be great.

In advance thank you for the help!US_4-door_sedan_1971-1972_photo.jpg.6a18f770831c35893837ec733f098913.jpg

It looks like a1970 Dodge Dart .

It could have had come with  a 225  cid six cylinder or several V8s,  transmissions were 3 speed automatic or 3 or 4 speed manual.

Many were bare bone cars for cheap transportation others could have been ordered with AC, AM?FM radio etc., this one is not a Swinger

• Like 1

99 percent chance you are right. The 3 on the tree was probably technically still available, but they are rare in any Mopar of the period, and I have never seen one in a 1970 Dart. Chrysler put automatics in almost everything.

With that rear particular bumper and "Dodge" script on the trunk, it is a 1970 Dart for sure. The overwhelming majority had the 225ci Slant Six. Some had a 318 v8. Other options exist but are unlikely.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

As mentioned above, most of these were originally cheap transportation, and many with the 225 6 cylinder. But every once in a rare while you'd stumble across one of these Darts with the 340 4 speed option and they were a car to be reckoned with in the high performance era. I really didn't care for these cars at all back in the day but now I think they're pretty sharp looking.

32983497_1.thumb.jpg.9381065ed0cffe1dcd30f01a3fc07616.jpg

4 hours ago, GregLaR said:

But every once in a rare while you'd stumble across one of these Darts with the 340 4 speed option and they were a car to be reckoned with in the high performance era.

In spring 1970, I bought a 6 month old Hemi Orange Dart Swinger w/ 340/4 speed, 3:91 posi with 13,000 miles. It came in on trade at the VW dealership I worked at, and I just had to have it.   It was by far, the quickest & most powerful "small block muscle car" I have owned, or been in.  The 69 340/4speed had the hottest 340 cam Mopar ever offered, hotter than the 69 340 A/T for some reason.  I've seen quite a few 69 340/4speed Darts over the decades.

I sold my factory 4 speed 69 Dart convertible 2 years ago.  2 owners, and the last owner swapped the 273 for a 340, and I put a six pack on it.

Edited by F&J
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1