46 Lincoln not mine $14000

This one:

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/melbourne-46-lincoln/7135855002.html

1946 Continental - Original V12 and 3 Speed Manual. Runs and drives. New Tires and new side pipe Exhaust. Price is firm. Was grandfather's car, have many old pictures and 1980 - 90's restore. Lots of spare parts. I have the original bumpers. Serous inquires only

For the price, it should have the correct chrome bumpers and all the lower body and fender trim, looks decent otherwise.

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

"Serious inquires only", but the prices of these cars have "tanked" and for some time now (there are just too many survivors it seems matched to club serving too many years of manufacturer and perhaps being somewhat touchy cars to get right mechanically).  I hate to say it, but hopefully someone falls in love with it as otherwise it is a really hard sell. 

Wasn't there a pretty nice convertible on here for around 20 ish not long ago? 

I had a twin to this coupe for sale a few years ago and you wouldn't believe the number of people that thought it was downright ugly. 

Seems more people like them in a ragtop.

I would also bet the bumpers are pretty rough if he chose to use the Iron homemade ones instead. They don't do anything for the car.  Rechroming a full set of those with guards must be between $2000 and $3000.  I also believe that lower trim is very hard to come by, meaning you will pay a premium for it. 

No title. Needs bumpers. Likely needs tune up. You older then me guys (I’m 56) crack me up.  The old car hobby has been - generally - too expensive for too long   I can barely afford $14,000 now.  The correction - for lack of a better word (thanks Gordon) - is good. 

• Like 2