Craigslist non-sellers

padgett

Lately something has been happening that makes little sense to me but has happened more than once: ads for a Car, everything sounds good, but has only an e-mail reply and never responds.

In one case I found the pictures had been in an advert three years ago. If this is a scam I do not know what for unless it is that I am close enough to inspect in person.

Anyone else seeing this ? (Can provide URLs).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFranklin said:

They want your email address and phone # to re-sell or re-use. It is a nefarious use of Craigslist, Reopen the ad and flag it!

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up JFranklin and Padgett.

They also start putting local phone numbers on to text, and when you call the number it says: "this google subscriber is not available "

If you get that message you know it's a scam 99% of the time. 

Naturally just received a reply from the one I was the most interested in, just was trapped in New York. Also naturally after weeks of dry weather, now getting several inches from a storm that began in the Pacific - and are just getting the edge here. The Norns are pulling some strange threads.

Also, sometimes they will send you a text message telling you to send them back the code that they sent you (just to be sure you are real). DONT ever send that code back. It opens the data on your phone and they can access all your information including passwords. On our Craigslist here, the ad  shows new cars or trailers and even those that are only a year old or less, asking only a few hundred because they need the money bad. The ads always seems too cheap. Don't understand that one yet.