30s cars in Penny Dreadful City of Angels

I was a big fan of the original Penny Dreadful series on Showtime and kinda thought "meh" when City of Angels was announced, but boy have I been pleasantly surprised! City of Angels is every bit the equal of the original. Plus there are dozens of 20s and 30s cars including a Pierce with Lalique eagle mascot.

I won't spill the plotline, and if you're easily unsettled or think history should be rewritten to sanitize things for modern standards, City of Angels is probably not for you. It will take you to dark and disturbing places and the vernacular of 1938 Los Angeles is not sanitized at all. But oh the cars. Episode 3 had a hot swing dancing scene too. COA is also a tour de force for actress Natalie Dormer who plays FOUR different characters.

Enjoy it! Waiting for the box sets to come out...

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, TexRiv_63 said:

I am also a fan, that Pierce really got my attention. There were two very large black sedans that delivered the mob boss in the last episode, can anyone ID?

Check out the link I posted.

All of the cars of interest should be listed with photos of each.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:25 PM, rocketraider said:

I won't spill the plotline, and if you're easily unsettled or think history should be rewritten to sanitize things for modern standards, City of Angels is probably not for you. It will take you to dark and disturbing places and the vernacular of 1938 Los Angeles is not sanitized at all. But oh the cars. Episode 3 had a hot swing dancing scene too. COA is also a tour de force for actress Natalie Dormer who plays FOUR different characters.

Not enough Fords for me.