Pop Quiz - extra points ! Clamshell headlights

kreed

This is a pop quiz for all you Riviera guys. My 65 Riviera clamshell headlights have  been working perfect until a few days ago . They would open but would not close . Everyone knows how finicky they can be . I was dreading figuring it out but thanks to Tom Mooney and his unlimited knowledge and wealth of dealer bulletins, got it fixed in 5 minutes . First person to tell what I did will be named the “ Tom Mooney Clamshell Guru”  - an honor bestowed to only a very few ! 😀 ( had to share this as very few things are this easy .....maybe everyone knows this but it was news to me .)  

KReed 

ROA 14549 

Rivdrivn was in first with Seafoam right behind . Exactly right. Blown wiper fuse ! Why would GM put those two things In The same circuit?  I learn something everyday about these great cars . Thanks guys !
KReed

ROA 14549

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed said:

Rivdrivn was in first with Seafoam right behind . Exactly right. Blown wiper fuse ! Why would GM put those two things In The same circuit?  I learn something everyday about these great cars . Thanks guys !
KReed

ROA 14549

Because the auxillary relay was added after the cars were in production so the engineers tapped into an existing key switched/fused voltage source to control the relay.

Mr Clamshells

• Like 2