My dad again next to 2 vintage/antique cars... help?

This is a pic of my dad (born in 1912)  again but he's a lot older here. I don't know what continent or timeframe this was taken as he was an airline mechanic and moved around quite a bit... Thank you for helping me!

Update #1:  Based on what Mr. Carnerd from New Zealand added below, I was able to follow a thread on wikipedia of license plates from Curacao. The main thread said that the suffix/prefix of C is "Island Government". That is prettern modern day and it doesn't say when those prefixes start. The pic below shows the plate in my dad's pic versus the plate on the Curacao website. The very distinctive "3" is conclusive that this was taken on Curacao!!!! What fun ... Thanks all.

Update #2:  My dad is the VERY handsome, clean, well-dressed man on the left!!!  lol

Update #3: I found 2 more pics of the front of this vehicle -- same license plate! And these two ladies are not my mom either...

Dad and friend.jpg

1936 Curacao License Plates.jpg

Dad with Curacao friends.jpg

Edited by Jennifer Plesman Jackson
added update #3 front pic of car (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Both Fords, 1935-36 time frame. Looks like a cabriolet on the left, coupe on the right (I can't tell if it's a 3-window or 5-window). Hard to be more specific than that although someone might be able to spot details that escape me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jennifer Plesman Jackson said:

i LOVE this forum!!!  Thank you so much... This is great... Do you identify aircraft too?  Just kidding. Have some of those too...

There ARE aircraft guys on this forum, too.

• Like 1

Just now, Jennifer Plesman Jackson said:

Am I allowed to post airplane pics on this forum?  I didn't read the rules so don't want to break them...

You may want to ask in the "General" section of this forum. A moderator will let you know.

• Like 1

I should have done this before but I just took a magnifying glass to the photo. The Ford on the right has a date on the license plate... 1936. The signpost is in Dutch so it was most likely taken in Curacao where my dad was stationed from 1934 to 1940 (when the war broke out). The arrow part of the sign says "directions to the airport" where my dad worked...

3 hours ago, Jennifer Plesman Jackson said:

Am I allowed to post airplane pics on this forum?  I didn't read the rules so don't want to break them...

Rules are made to be broken! 

I don't think anyone would complain about a vintage aeroplane here-  heck, theres a motorbike posted in another thread here and nobodys had a stroke about it....yet......

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, Jennifer Plesman Jackson said:

This is a pic of my dad (born in 1912)  again but he's a lot older here. I don't know what continent or timeframe this was taken as he was an airline mechanic and moved around quite a bit... Thank you for helping me!

Update #1:  Based on what Mr. Carnerd from New Zealand added below, I was able to follow a thread on wikipedia of license plates from Curacao. The main thread said that the suffix/prefix of C is "Island Government". That is prettern modern day and it doesn't say when those prefixes start. The pic below shows the plate in my dad's pic versus the plate on the Curacao website. The very distinctive "3" is conclusive that this was taken on Curacao!!!! What fun ... Thanks all.

Update #2:  My dad is the VERY handsome, clean, well-dressed man on the left!!!  lol

Update #3: I found 2 more pics of the front of this vehicle -- same license plate! And these two ladies are not my mom either...

The car on the left Is more likely a '33-'34 Ford.  The body moldings aren't like '35-'36's and it appears to have suicide doors,  based on the hinge showing.

Dad and friend.jpg

1936 Curacao License Plates.jpg

Dad with Curacao friends.jpg

• Like 1