1948 Stude Land Cruiser w/ 7,100 Miles

1 hour ago, stude24 said:

Studebaker's of this vintage are good cars, but not nearly as popular as the "bullet nose" version that came out in 1950.

Unfortunately the market reflects that today. 

I don't know as much about Studebakers as I could, but, if I understand it correctly, the Land Cruiser was the top of the line. Is that right?

20 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I don't know as much about Studebakers as I could, but, if I understand it correctly, the Land Cruiser was the top of the line. Is that right?

Yes, the Commander Land Cruiser was top of the line, the four door body was lengthened by 4 or 5 inches over the regular sedans to create additional leg room for rear passengers and vent windows were added to the wider rear doors. Nice cars. 

6 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Here's a link to a MN C/L ad for a '48 Studebaker Land Cruiser with apparently only 7,100 miles. It's $14,000 and a snazzy yellow color:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ctd/d/dayton-1948-studebaker-land-cruiser/7105235123.html

00I0I_7KijDFz5pZe_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_9iVqDvK4Xh2_1200x900.jpg

It's a shame that the seller can't see how much that red wire dangling there cheapens the look.

Guessing that will be the horn button.

So at minimum figure taking that assembly apart to make it right.

I like these old Studes.

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I see more red wire under the hood, including one attached straight to a battery clamp. Pretty tacky and really distracting.

Well I guess that's that -- you won't be buying it! 😁😝

• Haha 4