1935 Headlight Reflecter

Jim Nelson

I have a 1935 and the reflecter is strange.  It’s not highly polished like my  ‘38’.     It’s a rough aluminum textured finish.   It has the standard mounted head light - three holes and it had the 32w/32w bulb.   It is about 8” in diameter.   The front glass is good and I have a spare set.   I would like a good reflecter to give me decent illumination.   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim, I just wondered if your 35 has working vacuum wipers. I tried cleaning and rebuilding mine but without much luck.I found a pair on e-mail I might get after this virus thing dies down, older rebuilt ones for $45 a piece.Greg.

Hi Greg,   I don't know but  I have two motors.     One came in a box labeled 1935 Buick.   The other has slightly different levers.   I am still trying to find someone who knows how the mechanics on  the 35 functions.    I think I still have the '38' vac motor.    Since I am going to 12 volts,  I might buy a electric unit.   I converted to elect in my '38' after my trip to Tenn.    IF you are going to stay with vac,  you must get a large vac.  storage tank to give you enough vac.      When you do any acceleration,  the blades almost stop.    Not good when traveling in some hilly area's.   Having a large vac. tank solves most of that.    A short time on e-bay should get you a tank.    Easy to mount under the dash using a 'T' to plumb in.      Staying home ?     We are !        Dang it,       Lots more to do on my '35'.  

Thanks,  Yes,  I was trying to find out if the reflectors were like my '38' which were silvered for reflect ability.    My '35's  right now are aluminized so I was trying to find out the correct surface.     I think I will send them to Oregon to "Uvira".   Then they will be like silver but will not dull.   

14 minutes ago, Jim Nelson said:

Thanks,  Yes,  I was trying to find out if the reflectors were like my '38' which were silvered for reflect ability.    My '35's  right now are aluminized so I was trying to find out the correct surface.     I think I will send them to Oregon to "Uvira".   Then they will be like silver but will not dull.   

Where do you live?  There is a place in the Detroit area that does this also.