Brake Pressure Accumulator Bosch

Danteval1

Would a Brake Pressure Accumulator Bosch 0265202070 fit on my 1989 Reatta? I am wondering if this would be acceptable. Some sites have it on sale for about $50 and it typically retails for 100. I will call bosch to see if they can offer me a treat size. I read somewhere that Barney said a device can be created to accommodate an accumulator. Any help would be appreciated. I didn't add a link because I keep clicking on links that people have posted and the site is shut down. 

I called Spinning wheels (352) 209-4349, a company down in Florida, and said they have them and will have them until long after nobody wants them. They are $175 - no shipping fee. I specifically asked if they are meant for the TEVES II, and the individual on the phone said they are. They are new non NOS. That number is good for texting also. Ill be purchasing one soon. 

First it is good to know that Spinning Wheels is still in business and has the accumulators.   Theirs work but

pretty sure you must put washers under the cross brace so it does not hit their accumulator.

It might be a neat trick to get a extra cross brace and modify it so it fits without the washers.

Barney is right about the probability the strut tower brace will need shimming. I know I had to do so but the larger capacity of the Hydac unit is a plus. I did do a modification of the bar as well by indenting the bottom of the bar in my shop press but it is very stiff. For anything more meaningful would probably involve sawing a notch and rewelding.

Edited by 2seater (see edit history)

This is the first step in designing/building a remote accumulator.

I found this "banjo" fitting on a Nissan transmission.   As you can see it has

the correct threads to fit into the factory accumulator port.

tevesRA.jpg

• Like 1

That is a good first step in that it has a banjo fitting that will fit the pump.  As shown It is a disaster in the making since it has a hose clamp fitting that would need to hold over 2000 psi pressure.  Perhaps it could be turned into an adapter to fit a hydraulic hose but I would be skeptical of the wall thickness of the tubing since the fitting is designed to be used with a low pressure hose. Just my 2 cents.

Out of the box thinking which I like greatly. I think I would use a brake hose with that banjo bolt to transition to steel line, as large a bore as possible, as hose clamped connections at the expected pressure would be less than adequate. I would have to be faced with complete loss of standard type supply of accumulators to pursue at this point.

If there is any interest in a remote accumulator maybe Range Rover or Land Rover is a good place to look for parts that might fit a Reatta. Some of them had a system similar to a Reatta that used an electric motor/pump with a remote accumulator connected to the pump.  From what I could find some of them used a high pressure hose and some used a steel line connecting the pump to the accumulator.

20150118_155134-jpg.55377

accumulator-remote.thumb.JPG.f438cd91ae9d3c33c28951c131163aa2.JPG

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Out of the box thinking which I like greatly. I think I would use a brake hose with that banjo bolt to transition to steel line, as large a bore as possible, as hose clamped connections at the expected pressure would be less than adequate. I would have to be faced with complete loss of standard type supply of accumulators to pursue at this point.

Hal didn't that white Reatta out at Gibson's have a remote accumulator on it?

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Hal didn't that white Reatta out at Gibson's have a remote accumulator on it?

There was some sort of Rube Goldberg setup on it. I will look through my photos to see if I took a pic. Good memory😉

I think this is what we saw but it isn't really a remote or maybe I don't have a pic. It looks like a similar setup to ours but attached differently and it looks like a banjo fitting below the accumulator but no detail. Maybe the Ford setup from a T'bird?? On pic is pretty good the other is blurry☹️

20180510_095834.jpg

20180510_095947.jpg

All this shows several Reatta owners have been looking at options.......

If someone could pull that flex line from a Range Rover that would be a step to see if it screws into the Reatta

pump housing.    Also what type of fitting is on the accumulator end of the line.

I have never seen a Range Rover at the pick-n-pull here.

4 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Wouldn't that be something if this set up was a common, inexpensive and readily available set up? And you and I are sitting on it and not doing anything with it...

Is that car still there? I wish I had snapped more detail but I think my mission was for a S/C engine on that trip.

• 2 weeks later...