Any of you Buick guys read "Motor City"?

Dandy Dave

Read "Motor City" A novel by Bill Morris recently. Claims to be fiction but there is usually a little truth even in a tall tale. Centers around the big push to produce and sell 54 Buicks. What a Payton Place story this is. Drinking, Running around, Dirty dealing. It's all in there. Who's on top, Who's on the bottom, and all the dirt that goes with it. Anyone else read it? Dandy Dave!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

I have the book and only started reading it.  Have not picked it up to continue for some time.  

Well... Get back to it. It starts out slow but gets better as the 54  Buick wheels turn. 😀 Dandy Dave!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

What a Payton Place story this is. Drinking, Running around, Dirty dealing. It's all in there. Who's on top, Who's on the bottom, and all the dirt that goes with it.

Why buy a book? Just watch network TV.................Bob

• Haha 1

Bill Morris was in Athens back in the early 80’s visiting his sister at UGA,  about the time my wife Rita and I met. While here he came into Allen’s, a popular local bar/burger juke joint where Rita was working her way through college as a waitress. While in town he asked for and got her phone number. Lucky for me but maybe not so lucky for Rita, by the time he called her she and I had met and fallen head over heals in love. All this was unbeknownst to me until in the nineties I bought the book Motor City, was reading it and she casually said “Oh, I know that guy”  😲

Who knows, just maybe she mentioned that she was seeing a guy with a ‘54 Buick and that was the inspiration for the whole Motor City theme years later. 🤣🤣🤣  

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/22/2019 at 12:11 PM, avgwarhawk said:

I have the book and only started reading it.  Have not picked it up to continue for some time.  

18 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Well... Get back to it. It starts out slow but gets better as the 54  Buick wheels turn. 😀 Dandy Dave!

it does start out slow, in fact I never finished it. Maybe someday....,