Help me please!!!

KayEmBee

I can say Ford family. Others will chime in with the year and model.

• Thanks 1

1 and 7 look the same mid 60's Ford

2  70 Ford

3 Dodge

4 76-78 Ford LTD Landau 

5 77-81 Buick ?

6 70's Ford LTD

8 73-78 Ford ?

13 64  Plymouth

14 71-72 Oldsmobile Tornado 

Still trying to work out the year and model for you, the sad part is I have a good number of these caps and don't know what they fit either

Edited by 3macboys
More Info (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

If you are planning on selling them letting everyone know where you are located may assist in that as well.  As for the name truthfully the two terms get used interchangeably, technically they aren't really the same but that doesn't matter - In researching them I did have better luck using hubcap though.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KayEmBee said:

wheel covers (or are these hubcaps?) 

If they cover the whole wheel they are called wheel covers. If they're smaller and only cover the lug nuts then they're called hub caps. It looks like all the ones you have are wheel covers. Good luck.... :)

There isn't a huge value to them. I'm so sorry for the loss to you and your family but honestly there are probably far more valuable uses of your time than trying to identify lots of hubcaps. If anything, I'd see if you find any very nice ones (dirty is fine, but no dents, no missing/faded paint, no scratches), and older is more likely to be rare and potentially fetch a higher dollar amount. If you see a few you like, keep em to remind you of your dad.

8 hours ago, Frantz said:

There isn't a huge value to them. I'm so sorry for the loss to you and your family but honestly there are probably far more valuable uses of your time than trying to identify lots of hubcaps. If anything, I'd see if you find any very nice ones (dirty is fine, but no dents, no missing/faded paint, no scratches), and older is more likely to be rare and potentially fetch a higher dollar amount. If you see a few you like, keep em to remind you of your dad.

I think I'm doing just to stay busy...and because I should have listened better when he told me what they belonged to.  😉 Thank you!!

Kay, there is a book which identifies automotive

wheel covers:

https://www.amazon.com/Hollander-Wheel-Cover-Identification-Interchange/dp/0943032318

I'm not very familiar with it, but I have seen it;

and people that sell wheel covers at swap-meets

often use it.  If you have a lot of them and want to

identify them better, it might be useful.

I agree with others, though:  If you have a better

use of your time, don't spend too much time on these.

You could sell the wheel covers as a group for a modest

price--do forum-goers think $2 each is appropriate?--

and some buyer will be happy.

Of course, we're happy to help here too.  You may be

comforted to know that your parents' lives are continuing

meaningfully on.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)