Locomobile script wanted - even a good rubbing of one

Walt G

Does anyone have a Locomobile script name plate that would attach to a radiator core they would like to sell for a price someplace under the national debt?

I would even appreciate a decent rubbing of an original one so I could make one. I have a Locomobile radiator and would like to fit a script to the radiator core

to identify what I have and put it on display.  There is one on ebay that is a repro and just to much $ - I don't have that much money in the radiator! (which I bought

from Austin Clark out at his auto museum about 35 years ago during one of his "Iron Range Days") thanks, Walt

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

Does anyone have a Locomobile script name plate that would attach to a radiator core they would like to sell for a price someplace under the national debt?

I would even appreciate a decent rubbing of an original one so I could make one. I have a Locomobile radiator and would like to fit a script to the radiator core

to identify what I have and put it on display.  There is one on ebay that is a repro and just to much $ - I don't have that much money in the radiator! (which I bought

from Austin Clark out at his auto museum about 35 years ago during one of his "Iron Range Days") thanks, Walt

You should have kept the rest of it,... instead of letting these two clowns play with it ! :D

Paul

DSCN7811.JPG

You are right Paul I should have kept that machine!  I did do a lot of work on it, found and restored the proper headlamps, made and installed a new firewall and pair of front fenders, had Joe Wulfken make and fit a new radiator shell. I would have left the body on it that Derham made as requested by the Ardmore Garage or Ardmore, Pa. ( they needed a service truck when the car was about a decade old) but the next owner of the Locomobile ( type I) decided they wanted either a touring car or a town car more so that is what it now has on it as a body where ever it may now reside. Walt

• 2 weeks later...