Wood felloe wheels

Kean Thompson

Have you carefully inspected the steel rim bands { fellow bands}  ? They often had a makers mark stamped into them, sometimes even a part number.. Use emery strips or similar and shine up the whole outside surface, sometimes the stamping is quite light.

Greg in Canada

Firestone rims are a bit of a mixed blessing in my experience. They are popular and well documented , but that just means there are quite a few people looking for the same parts you will be. 

I am not aware of any good re - productions but if there are no doubt they will be quite expensive. Not a simple rolled rim, the inside where the rim bears on the fellow band has two tapered ridges. Difficult to re - produce without very expensive tooling / rolling dies. I am still looking for some correct rim clamps myself. Either type B, C or E rims can be used . But all of them are hard to find in decent condition.

Greg in Canada

Chart_236-AA_1.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kean Thompson said:

This indicates 25" rims - correct?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Kean Thompson said:

So the measurement must be across the widest edge of the felloe band.

The measurement is at the bottom of the rim where the tire bead sits.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, Bloo said:

Doubtful, but it does increase your chances a bit. There sure aren't many cars out there that use 26 inch tires.

I recall that in 1996, at our big International rally (1500 cars) here in NZ, there was a big National - supposedly an ex Indianapolis race car - visiting from Canada that was on 26" wheels. The owner said he was about to convert it to 27' as at that time 26" tyres were near impossible to get. There were several cars of the era there running on 27s.

• Like 1

To get 25" Firestone rims that will fit, keep on looking.  They will probably show up, with patience.  Or resize the 26" or 27" , work yes, but if you are in a hurry resizing is an option.  None of these rims are readily available it just take time and patience to put together a set.

Al

• 3 weeks later...