Cornering Lamps 66 adding.

Chimera

On a '67 the main harness has the wiring for the option. I'll bet a '66 is the same. Meaning you may not need additional terminals.

You may not have the optional contacts in the turn signal/lever "module" - behind the steering wheel. Especially if it was replaced by a PO.

Lookin sharp!

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PWB said:

On a '67 the main harness has the wiring for the option. I'll bet a '66 is the same. Meaning you may not need additional terminals.

You may not have the optional contacts in the turn signal/lever "module" - behind the steering wheel. Especially if it was replaced by a PO.

Lookin sharp!

Paul,

This is another one of the many differences between 66-67. 66 had the signal switch mounted low on column under dash activated by a linkage rod. 67 went to the integrated signal switch assembly located behind steering wheel.

Gabriel I do not have that switch. Unfortunately I failed to remove one from a 66 parts car I scrapped a few years ago that had cornering lamps. :(

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

Paul,

This is another one of the many differences between 66-67. 66 had the signal switch mounted low on column under dash activated by a linkage rod. 67 went to the integrated signal switch assembly located behind steering wheel.

Gabriel I do not have that switch. Unfortunately I failed to remove one from a 66 parts car I scrapped a few years ago that had cornering lamps. :(

OK, thanks for all the intel.

Looks like its time to check the Riviera bone yards.

8 hours ago, PWB said:

. . . same holds true for '68 and '69 cars !

On 10/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, JZRIV said:

66 had the signal switch mounted low on column under dash activated by a linkage rod. 67 went to the integrated signal switch assembly located behind steering wheel.

That makes sense, as '67 introduced the 'energy absorbing' steering column.