1962 Buick Skylark (Pro-Street)

I am a newbie here, but glad to see a place where the car fits in. I made a post when I completed the car and all the purist lashed out.

Anyway, this is a complete restoration. I put a SBC (Dart SHP Block), TH350 in the car. The on;y changes made was the hood scoop and center console was from a 2nd Gen. Z28 camaro.

I added the Buick hood tack. The car has a Fatman's tubular front stub, narrowed 9" rear and we channeled it with chromoly to ties it together front to back. It has a 6 point cage to keep the twist out from the HP.

It has a rear 4 link with double adjustable shocks, and nickel plated A-arms up front with coil overs.

It took about five years for me to put together, but I only averaged one day a week working on it.....There's a lot of other things that was done along the way. I hope you like it. It's been a blast!

CAR.jpg

Irving 9-2019.jpg

motor.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, joe_padavano said:

It's a nice car, but we have very different definitions of the word "restoration".

I must say, I have heard this more than once.

The car was restored as I saw fit. I am able to let these type comments roll off as I realize some of the purist would be offended.

I wanted to build something different that wasn't a Mustang or Camaro. I did just that.

However, as this car has been completed for exactly 12 months, I have taken 9 awards with it. Those results speak for themselves in my opinion.

It draws a lot of attention, and is built as a Pro-Street driver car, so it will run a little bit...... The first picture was from the Good -Guys Fueled News when I introduced the car last September.

Thanks, for viewing. I was told about the new "Modified" category being added, but it seems some still don't get it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bobs21x said:

Thanks, for viewing. I was told about the new "Modified" category being added, but it seems some still don't get it.

Yep.  I will be the first to tell those misguided individuals to just stay out of this forum.  Keep posting with pictures of that nice car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

They liked our little Skylark at the Texas Chapter event over the weekend also.

Nice meeting some new car enthusiast and making new friends. 🥂

The car won "Best In Show - Modified" in the Texas Chapter event.

We also won the "Bithcin' Buick Award" for the same car the last two out of three years at the Good-Guys Texas National Event.

Texas Chapter 11-4-23.jpg

LSN21-Weekend-Rewind-129-of-147.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1