Install a new wireing kit 1929 Buick 116

Donlock

Do you have a wiring diagram? Are you installing a pre- made kit or building it yourself?

I rewired my REO using color coded wiring from Brillman. This allowed me to make some modifications. Added electric fuel pump, turn signals, and added a better fuse panel in a more accessible location. Except for the alternator it looks bone stock. 

I have a new harness on order ,when restored in 1974 the wiring was not to bad, the wire in conduit is probably not bad,

but the exposed wire has bare spots. I am thinking remove dash panel would make it easier.

Don

The under dash portion can be completed in about an hour with the instrument panel in place.  The 90 year old wire has far exceeded what the manufacturer intended . The few hundred dollars to replace the harness will prevent roadside breakdowns as well as greatly reduce the risk of fire.

3 hours ago, raydurr said:

The under dash portion can be completed in about an hour with the instrument panel in place.  The 90 year old wire has far exceeded what the manufacturer intended . The few hundred dollars to replace the harness will prevent roadside breakdowns as well as greatly reduce the risk of fire.

I agree.  The dash wiring is so simple, you could do it in the time it takes to remove the dash.

Ok I did that way back in 1968 and I guess I can do it again I am 73 years young.

Not as flexible as I use to be.

Don G. 

I was a Locksmith and safe cracker for 40 years and  cancer in 2007 and beat it ,

And now last August I found out I had aggressive  cancer and went to my bones.

But after the first chemo all  the pain went away, so now they are keeping at bay.

I feel pretty well and enjoy working on my cars.

• Like 3