For Sale In Seattle, WA: 1930 Ford Model A Victoria Deluxe Sedan

Own a rare piece of automotive history. For sale is a 1930 Ford Model A Victoria Deluxe Sedan. This well-preserved car is in excellent condition both inside and out, runs and drives exceptionally well, and has no driveability issues.

The name Model A was first used by Ford in 1903 and was also known as the Fordmobile. This was the first vehicle produced by the Ford Motor Company. Production of the first-generation Model A lasted from 1903 through 1905 with 1,750 examples being produced. After producing 15 million Model Ts, Henry Ford shut down his River Rouge complex in May of 1927 to retool for the long-awaited replacement. The public eagerly awaited the sale of the Model T's replacement and were not disappointed. It was a stylish and elegant vehicle, which had been designed by Henry Ford's son, Edsel. In comparison to its predecessor, it was more sophisticated and complex. During the production lifespan of the Model A, lasting until August 31, 1931, Ford produced 4,320,446 Model A's.

Manufactured in November 1930, this car has many 1931 Victoria features, as well as some important safety features, including turn signals, front seat belts, windshield wipers, headlamp eyebrows with high beam notice, and the instrument panel built into the gas tank. However, it is the interior trunk that makes this car very rare and collectible, along with the electric “Ah-ooh-gaa” special Model A horn. This all steel body car has 4,642 miles (TMU) on it since it was restored, and features a beautiful two-tone paint color of Elk Point Green, and Kewanee Green, matched with Black fenders, Apple Green wire wheels, and attractive pinstripes. The interior was restored with Lebaron Bonney mohair upholstery with the storage pockets built into the door panel, and the headliner, along with all of the trim is intact and in very good condition. The car is powered by a 201ci 40hp engine with a top speed of 65 mph, connected to a conventional unsynchronized three-speed sliding gear manual with a single speed reverse, four-wheel mechanical drum brakes, and is fitted with Universal Vintage Whitewall Tires. The car has an electric start with a pop-out ignition switch. Additional features include a stainless steel radiator cowling, headlamp housings, and hubcaps, dual cowl lights, flying quail radiator cap, tilt-out windshield, dual outside mirrors, rear-view mirror, running board step plates, dual tail lights, covered rear spare with Ford script, luggage rack, and the original ignition key.

This iconic car has been thoughtfully restored so that it would be preserved for many years to come, and offers someone the opportunity to own a classic 1930’s collector car to use for touring or showing. The car is in the Seattle area, and has a clean Title, and the asking price is $17,500.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Link to photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhHntqUM6Pu6N1ki7

Exterior Driver Side 1.jpg

Exterior Driver Side 2.jpg

Exterior Driver Side 3.jpg

Exterior Passenger Side 1.jpg

Exterior Passenger Side 2.jpg

Exterior Passenger Side 4.jpg

Interior Driver 3.jpg

Interior Driver 4.jpg

Interior Passenger 2.jpg

Engine 1.jpg

Engine 6.jpg

Undercarriage 1a.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

This is why the 4 door is a tough sell,  when something like this is available for not really that much more when you take into account more desirable body style and much better condition. 

Great looking car. 

I GET that, except, when you get to the $8-9,000 range, you get pure junk, which means that mine has to be worth in the $10-$11,000 range.  But, by the time you restored mine, you would be north of $17,500--but some folks just want a driver.  Believe me, I thought about this one...briefly...but the issue is no where to keep it and a car such as that one cannot be kept outside.  No, not because the wife will complain, but because it's bad for the car.

• Like 1

Then again those 8 to 9 thousand dollar ones aren't selling either.  

I will admit the ones being offered at 8 to 9 thousand look alot better than the ones being offered in that same range a few years ago. Depressed prices may be the culprit.

The internet brought lots of competition and makes for more educated buyers.  Also works the same with sellers.  Few "bargains" any more as people can easily search any number of sites to achieve a baae line of what their item may be worth.  Even granny seems to have an I phone these days with google. 

I still think your A is going to sell to a local guy that wants one and happens to see it passing by it or from a little local paper.  The seasoned old car hunter will see it listed, see another under neath it,  and just keep going not coming back to yours because it doesn't have something better or cheaper to offer than the one underneath it.   It's no different with Mustangs or Camaros or any other common type collector car that there always seems to be alot of on the market. 

I wish you luck in selling yours.  Selling old cars is always tough unless you have something no one else has and alot of people want.   

I'll be selling my 40 Ford Coupe, listing it tonight on craigslist.  I know it's going to be a pain the butt,  which is why I haven't made it a priority.  My guess is I will have to take a beating on it to get it sold so I can move on. 

# 2 and up cars are much easier to sell.  You fall below a 2 and everything gets picked apart because it's not number one quality,  though the price reflects that.  

All this aside this A is a beautiful little Vicky.  Someone is going to get a nice car. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...