King Seeley fluid fading

I am just looking into repairing my fuel gauge and doing a search brought up many negative comments about how quickly the dye fades to clear on the kit sold by Classics and Exotics. These posts are somewhat dated and I would like to hear from someone who has recent experience with their dye and whether it still fades to clear in a very short timeframe.

Thank you for your advice,

Mark

• 1 year later...

Curti do you still have green and red fluid? I need it for a 1933 Ford Model BB truck. It looks like my truck had green fluid in it before as the glass tube is stained green. Will your fluid work in Fords with K-S gauges, specific gravity 2.98?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, Curti said:

I sell gauge fluid that doesn't turn clear. Nothing is forever but I have never had a complaint. 

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and came across it during my search for King Seeley red gauge fluid. I would like to buy some for my 1932 Ford roadster. fuel gauge. I couldn't send a PM to Curti due to insufficient posts here. I hope that he responds.

Thanks,

Glenn

Home / Shop / Duesenberg Model J & SJ / Gauges, Dash, Dash Trim / King Seeley Fuel Gauge / King Seeley Fuel Gauge Repair Kit

King Seeley Fuel Gauge Repair Kit

$55.00

11 in stock

King Seeley Fuel Gauge Repair Kit quantity
Add to cart

• Like 1

I wound up getting mine from Straight 8,  Ed posted the link... I also bought the line and a new sight glass assembly and reworked the entire length to the tank. It does work, and hasn’t faded (yet) but I have only been back to driving for a handful of weeks.

Several people have expressed the opinion that they won’t work well for a long period as the fluid is quite caustic and they weren’t very good even when new, so I also keep an eye on the trip odometer and get gas around 100 miles...

Good luck, but King Seeley has been joked about as much as his first born son Lucas, known as the prince of darkness - even Ed has stated that’s why our friends across the pond drink warm beer, Lucas made their refrigerators!

Thanks for the responses and link. Most of the Ford parts suppliers no longer sell the fluid due to the concerns about shipping but the big issue is that all reported instances of using new non stock fluid is that it fades rapidly. This is the reason for my query to Curti.

Glenn

I like it Mark!

"Good luck, but King Seeley has been joked about as much as his first born son Lucas, known as the prince of darkness - even Ed has stated that’s why our friends across the pond drink warm beer, Lucas made their refrigerators!"

Thanks for the info on the fluid. A friend gave me a vile of Sun manometer fluid and said it worked good in his gauge. I don't want to do it twice so I will get the correct fluid. Just curious does the .85 SG manometer fluid make it read low, high, or not at all?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)