Riviera floor mats with chrome strips

PONTIAC1953

i have a box with nos green Buick Riviera floor mats that has beautiful chrome strips, mats are designed to be laid on top of carpet, or attached to the carpet if so desired. not for sale, but i wondered how valuable and how rare they might be. thanks in advance. i believe these are correct for the 1963 to 1965 Rivieras.

4 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

Rare and can be valuable, I have sold a few pair for Olds Starfires and Buick Wildcats and got really good money for them.  The color may be the biggest drawback to yours.  

hi Y-jobfan, i got them quite a few years ago, still in the box they came in, thought i might use them on the laurel green carpet in my 1953 pontiac chieftain custom catalina, have always like the floor treatment in 1954 eldorados. they are a slightly different shade of green than the catalina's carpet.

17 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

i have a box with nos green Buick Riviera floor mats that has beautiful chrome strips, mats are designed to be laid on top of carpet, or attached to the carpet if so desired. not for sale, but i wondered how valuable and how rare they might be. thanks in advance. i believe these are correct for the 1963 to 1965 Rivieras.

Good morning.

I have a 65 Riv with dark green interior.

Do you have a photo?

I am interested.

Marty

3 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

I don't think those were factory on the first gen Rivieras, at least not the 63's. Experts?

Hi Don,

My `63 accessories catalog and parts book do not list "carpet inserts" but keep in mind the accessory could have been made available after these particular books were printed.

My `64 parts book does show the carpet inserts as an accessory.

My `65 parts book and accessory catalog also list the carpet inserts and descibes the application as `63-`65 All

Tom Mooney

1 hour ago, abandg said:

Here's a set in saddle

FullSizeRender-219.jpg

FullSizeRender-217.jpg

FullSizeRender-222.jpg

FullSizeRender-221.jpg

Gene,

I think these are fawn, not saddle  The color is very similar to Fawn floor mats.

The `64 parts book lists the part number on the box you pictured as "Fawn". However, the `65 parts book list the 980805 number as "red"?! I suspect the `65 listing is incorrect.

Tom

Does anyone have the installation instructions for these carpet inserts? Any chance we could see a scan or pic? There should be an application listing in the lower right corner. We have a set of instructions in the ROA library and the application listed is "1964-All".

Tom Mooney

Hi Gene,

Thanks! These are the same instructions we have in the library and have a " 1964-All" application. I was hoping we might find a 1963 date somewhere. Generally with accessory install instructions the engineering drawings are dated for the first year that the accessory is offered. If changes are made those changes are added to the original drawings and then an update, with date, is noted. I suspect the application listing including the `63 models in the `65 accessories guide is incorrect. My guess would be these inserts are "correct" for `64-`65 cars.

Thanks again,

Tom