Model A400

That is the same one that was on eBay a couple weeks ago, it was bid up to around 16k with I thought was pretty good considering the amount of work needed to get it right. At $26500 I think he’ll have it for a long time even with the rarity, there’s a lot of great Model As on the market that are good older restorations for substantialy less money and I think a roadster has more curb appeal...

• Like 2

Thia one would be hard. While the seller said the paint has a nice patina,  you couldn't really redo part of the car then leave the rest original.  There is no way you could make this car into a well restored car for 20K, thus what this car needs is someone who truly enjoys the process of restoration and can tolerate being financially upside down while owning a great automobile. It would truly be a great car done.

You'll probably see it on there a bunch of times ,  until the price drops enough someone bites. 

It's only fresh on the market once though.  Every repeated attempt to sell it may actually drive the price down if it's done week after week.  Everyone sees no one else is buying it so it looks overpriced then, plus people's interest wains as the next shiny new object is dangled in front of them. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Yeah but when the big ticket items are gone,  you have to take what the lesser ones would bring.  

I sold a piece of auto literature last year for over $3000.  Yet every night I sell 1.99 to 2.99 pieces with a few hitting 10 to 20 maybe 30 but very few bring any more.   The small sales keep food on the table until you get the big scores.  Less big scores in today's much more competitive easily accessed from anywhere in the world's market with everyone trying to be a player.   I've recently sold dealer albums that the fellow that I bought them from his estate had neatly recorded the purchase dates,  where/ from whom  they were acquired with the price paid.  They are averaging 10 to 30 percent of what he paid for them.  One piece he paid $1000 for 10 years ago,  I got $130 and the guy complained about the condition when he got it because it wasn't pristine,  though I clearly described all it's major flaws and started it at no reserve for $30. 

I did tell him ,that I would like him to return it,  so I could give him a full refund , so that when he found a better one for $130 he would have the funds to buy it.  (I was quite disapointed in the selling price anyways). Surprisingly he never responded. 

I hear ya Randy. Guess it all comes down to how badly one needs the money.

There are things I sell that I couldnt care less if they sell or not. That is part of getting old and not requiring the money..........

I will die with a hoard of cars and parts and people will find that nutz.

I dont...........and that's all that matters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1