Some resting & rusting Buicks

Jack Welch

11 hours ago, Thriller said:

If the ambulance is based on a Buick then someone here does need it in a hurry 😜

Don’t have to worry about snakes nor hornets here at this time of year...and none of our snakes are poisonous in this neck of the woods anyway.

We don't have many poisonous snakes here in New England either, but lots of hornets, come summer. That ambulance is in fact a Buick circa 1946 thru 48. It would be a monumental restoration project though.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, 60FlatTop said:

Every car leaves the factory in homogeneous forms in different colors. Nature has such a neat random way of taking them back, no two alike.

The deserted cars that I have photographed in New England have a totally different "patina" than those I have photographed in New Mexico or Arizona or even California. I love the effects of the dryer climates, paint will be burned off, many times in layers and the chrome will still be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Jack Welch said:

Why this tis photo make me think of my grand dad taking his teeth out at nigh as he went to bed. I love it.!!!!

Before I got to your post, i had a similar thought.  Looks like the Poligrip failed during a sneeze.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1