Black tire paint

gossp

I have come up with a set of new 26” tires at a steep discount to put on my Maxwell when my rims are wooded this year.  They are white walls and I would prefer black. 

I know there are a lot of tire paints out there. I am looking for first hand knowledge of specific and still available products in use on tires that see plenty of road time. If I can’t come up with a product or plan that I have confidence in... I will just mount them as they are!

I hear your preference for blackwalls for these oldies. I am SURE you will find the solution. Because : do you see the white "smudge" at about 2 o'clock on my old Lester ? I thought it had been deposited there. Took some gasoline to try to clean it off. It started to take the BLACK off, exposing more white !!!! So in this case, apparently my blackwalls are simply upgraded whitewalls ?  My old Cad is such a beater that I didn't get too bent over it, but I think I would like to set it right. Maybe we should call Coker ?     -    Carl 

249D46F9-C787-4631-98A2-E9B743D02E5C.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, C Carl said:

I hear your preference for blackwalls for these oldies. I am SURE you will find the solution. Because : do you see the white "smudge" at about 2 o'clock on my old Lester ? I thought it had been deposited there. Took some gasoline to try to clean it off. It started to take the BLACK off, exposing more white !!!! So in this case, apparently my blackwalls are simply upgraded whitewalls ?  My old Cad is such a beater that I didn't get too bent over it, but I think I would like to set it right. Maybe we should call Coker ?     -    Carl 

249D46F9-C787-4631-98A2-E9B743D02E5C.jpeg

I sat with a friend one Saturday afternoon where he lacquer thinner-ed and sandpapered off the inside of his ancient Martin whitewalls to make double whitewalls for his Cord L-29.