1935 Chrysler Airstream Tail Lights - Worth?

OCStarZ

Throw them on ebay.  If you want  100 put a buy it now.  if you want to gamble start them at $25 or so  with no reserve and hope for the best.  I have sold painted potmetal tail light brackets to 30's Mopars before for over 100 each.  It all depends on if someone and especially 2 people want them.  I would be sure to welcome international bidders as there are a few of these cars overseas and the owners are very happy to beable to buy parts for them and show it with their bid.  

Good luck.

The lenses will really help the sale as they are worth more than the lights. With the lenses if I were to run them on ebay as a pair I would out the opening bid at more like $100 unless you are a real gambling man.  I tend to be a real gambling man so I would start them even lower just to get the interest.  

I would imagine they should be worth atleast a couple of hundred.  I have seen individual 1936 Lenses sell for nearly 200 with the spider web bezel. 

I believe the lenses for the '35 Airstream are  fairly simple and rather plain lenses, not at all like the domed "36-36 lenses with the web-like cages. Good that you have them too. Those tail light pods and stanchions should bring good money as auburnseeker says. The plated shells will clean up nice. Best of luck - I think you will be surprised at the interest they would generate in an open auction on eBay.  

• 1 year later...

The tail light lenses for a 1935 Airstream DeLuxe are VERY hard to find.  They are the glass, bullet shaped lenses and it took me MANY years to find two for my car.  I was very lucky and found two (different sellers) with one being a mint used one and one being new in the box MOPAR.  

DSC_0028r.jpg

DSC_0030r.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...