Barn Find!

GeneR

Guys, I made a barn find and do not want to say too much about it publicly (please forgive me)  I need help/advice quickly so I can move on it before its gone.  I'll just say it is a late 20's limo and leave it at that for now.  Please contact me by message or phone, I need advice....   

Gene 202-674-1445

Well, you don’t have to worry someone will try and beat you out of it. 1928 and earlier Pierce cars are very difficult to sell, 1929 and later a bit easier but not much. The 1928 and earlier cars are six cylinder engines, and bring much less than an eight. That said, I will send you a PM with my number. Call me in 30 minutes, as I am still out at dinner. Eastern time of 1030 would be fine. Ed

8 hours ago, A. Ballard 35R said:

Ed, sorry you don't like an early six cylinder Pierce such as a model 66. I could always find garage space for a nice Pierce 66 !!

Didnt say I didn’t like them, and maybe I should have been more clear, but the 1921 to 1928 Pierce cars with either series six are the nickel era cars, and reguardless of marque, they are difficult to sell. I must like them, as over the years as have tried to buy one......just never had the deal come togeather. Seems I work harder at the eights and twelves..........had too many of them to count. 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, edinmass said:

Didnt say I didn’t like them, and maybe I should have been more clear, but the 1921 to 1928 Pierce cars with either series six are the nickel era cars, and reguardless of marque, they are difficult to sell. I must like them, as over the years as have tried to buy one......just never had the deal come togeather. Seems I work harder at the eights and twelves..........had too many of them to count. 

What are people doing with I think it is a perhaps 1927 (or 1928) 6 cyl that has the aluminum cylinder head - I cannot imagine these have a forever longevity ?  And same goes for the later 8 cyl's with aluminum head.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)