Buick paper ads

Elpad

On 3/20/2020 at 8:23 PM, auburnseeker said:

I've got a whole pile of Buick Brochures individually listed right now on ebay dating back to the 1920's I believe with alot from the 1930's.  Lots of great images as I photographed almost every page. I'm not trying to push them here, but if you want to see some great images just look them up.  Here is a link to one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383463110162

Shhhhhh 🤫 how am I supposed to win anything if you’re tellin everybody🤣 I’m currently high bid on a couple items but expect to get beat out in the end. Guess we’ll see. 
lots of nice pieces and displayed nicely 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

My most prized and favorite ever EF2CA2C0-95EE-4CB4-91DA-0B5C2BAB9C10.thumb.jpeg.e9be066e373c59dc0a39ab22235d6d58.jpeg

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Why That one? 

A number of reasons, 

It’s a full size newspaper page, not a magazine. There’s plenty of magazine ads around , full size newspaper adds not so many and when found generally in poor condition

it’s a COLOR newspaper ad, pretty rare especially in the 50’s era.  

the subject matter and the details it gives about the ‘54 Buicks sales beginning to soar, which continued through ‘54 and increased even more in ‘55

and the colors, especially of the car. It's the typical color ads for the spring.  Same color as my ‘54 Century 😊

Here it is in a view you can appreciate it’s size better 

E4660121-E6FC-4638-9CE4-CB6305CF6EA3.thumb.jpeg.63f244a203b5b909c58c17c2bc747499.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I have a few boxes full of ads. 30's -early 60's.  I should dig through and post a few. They came with my literature lots so I don't even know what 's in them other than a binder full of 30's Buick ads I cam across in another haul. 

I think i have a few Full color inserts from 1958 or 1959 that show all the new cars from the newspaper.  I'll have to dig them out as well and see if there is any Buick in them. 

• Like 1

Probably when I come back in from the garage.  I have to actually do something on one of my cars or they will never get done.  The Ads are in the garage anyways.  The papers are in my literature room.  Crazy I know where everything is except the tool I was just using and set down.  I still remember where everything was in my old shop,  but yet can't figure out where i pout it in the new shop.   They keep telling me it doesn't get any better when I get older as I'm only 45 now. 

36 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

... They keep telling me it doesn't get any better when I get older as I'm only 45 now. 

Man, I've got kids older than you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I dug through a couple of boxes of Misc. car ads.  Surprised there was so much Pre war in that.  I still have another box of possibly nicer ads to go through that someone actually took the time to put in plastic. 

These are in no particular order. 

I Know the last 2 are not Buick specific but they do have a Buick on the one page and just some neat graphics of the day. 

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

• Like 1

By the way I didn't get any work on my car done.  It's amazing how many ads I had out there.  Lots of Caddy and LAsalle, Mopar, Studebaker NAsh Willys Hupmobile, even a Duessy and some pierce Arrow pieces as well as a pile of Packard stuff and much is prewar. 

Alot of it is in surprisingly nice shape as well. 

I could probably wall paper my new shop with them and have to take time to pick which ones i wanted to use. 

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

A number of reasons, 

It’s a full size newspaper page, not a magazine. There’s plenty of magazine ads around , full size newspaper adds not so many and when found generally in poor condition

it’s a COLOR newspaper ad, pretty rare especially in the 50’s era.  

the subject matter and the details it gives about the ‘54 Buicks sales beginning to soar, which continued through ‘54 and increased even more in ‘55

and the colors, especially of the car. It's the typical color ads for the spring.  Same color as my ‘54 Century 😊

Here it is in a view you can appreciate it’s size better 

E4660121-E6FC-4638-9CE4-CB6305CF6EA3.thumb.jpeg.63f244a203b5b909c58c17c2bc747499.jpeg

Best 54 Buick Man Cave ever. I don’t see the Havana Club rum bottle anymore. Will fix that soon🇨🇺 !

• Thanks 1

Hopefully I'll unearth some good stuff tomorrow.  Have a box of Nice stuff I have never looked in.  Also have a binder full of 30's Buick ads I'll shoot tomorrow and post as well as a huge Nice 1958 Ad in color from a newspaper insert Highlighting all the new 1958 Cars. I have some really nice thick annuals from the 1930's with very nice full color ads I should dig through that probably have a nice Buick one in them as well.   I better stop digging or I won't get anything done on my car again.  

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

How is  that Mr. Earl?

Will post some more tomorrow. 

Buickful! Some nice ones for sure.

I want to comment again on how well you present your ads and literature on eBay. So many good pictures, there’s no doubt about what a person is bidding on. I just like to visit your  auctions to look at the pictures 😁

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I can't see why they wouldn't no other way to get rid of them,  just like the you now,  they just offered discounts to move them out I would imagine.  Back then you didn't want to be seen in a used car if you could afford a new one,  so it might have been even harder to sell the left overs when the new models came out.  Especially when you hit the big body changes where there was a real big difference from the previous year. 

• 3 weeks later...