wtd model A ford Vicki-original and roadster as well

mercer09

1 hour ago, mercer09 said:

Ive been diligent and apparently you have been too!

I just like shopping with other peoples money ;) 

There was a pretty good looking roadster with an older restoration listed not many from it on ebay with a buy it now or make offer of 13500 I think.  But I figured this would be more to your liking.  Good luck. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Blue roadster seems like a rockin deal, its a Standard though, by looks of the top frame with a deluxe interior.  Nicer cosmetically than ours but not a points car for sure.  I actually thought about it but dont need two.  😆

the blue roadster was on ebay this past week and apparently sold. cant find it.

there is now a tan roadster in the same price point on ebay. I like the roadsters and the prices are good. just always wanting the rarer A400 by preference.

I will get one.

in the meantime, selling a few more here that I am not getting to and have lost some interest in.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 2:23 PM, mercer09 said:

yes Jim, just sold a nice 31 tudor because I didnt want it- only a vicki. As you get older in life, you can settle or just wait for what you want.

Ill wait................ lol!

ps did find one in Hemmings, but too much $ for what it is and all the way out west.

Please contact Ellingson car sales in Rogers, MN. Just there yesterday and was told a vicky is coming in soon as part of a collection from an estate they purchased. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks =Randy.

I am thinking the last car you mentioned might very well be this car. There is an astute model A guy in NH who sells all of the time. I wrote about the 13500. car and never recd an answer. and then a few days later, this one pops up for an added 5k.

makes sense.

• Like 1

You just got to beat the flippers.  I try to get them to you as fast as I can.  Will still keep an eye out. Original cars without and maybe even more with Patina are getting expensive.  Thus the reason I say that 58 Plymouth sedan will bring more than people think in the other thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU RANDY- THE 31 LOOKED GREAT AND I MISSED IT.

JUST WROTE THE FELLA ON THE LAST ONE. I WAS JUST ABOUT READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL.

NEVER THOUGHT FINDING THE RIGHT A WOULD BE THIS DIFF.

LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE A HEAD GASKET PROBLEM?

so I just heard back and head is leaking..........

engine looks tired and VT would be fine, but the price would have to be in the 10k range, figuring it might need a new motor or rebuild.

already have so many projects here......:0

I just throw them your way and let you sort em out.  I just hope I have as many choices when I start looking for my Auburn,  but I'm having a feeling that it will be more like this is the one you can afford and that's it.  We'll keep our fingers crossed and I'll keep an eye out .  Should be able to find one for you eventually.  I fully understand the engine mechanical issue hesitation after rebuilding the last two engines I had that I thought would be good to go.  I now figure that right off the top unless that sucker runs very well for a period of time while I'm looking the car over.  I bring the non contact thermometer and keep checking things.  Let her run a long time,  then shut her off and start her hot to see how she does.  You get burned enough,  you become cautious. 

Randy, after seeing you help out other guys so often in their hunting, I really have to express my admiration for your dedication. Watching you as a spectator from thousands of miles away, I am amazed at your skills and tremendous strength. Few people could single hand the massive amount of work you are doing on your new shop. I am sure you will find the Auburn of your dreams. Particularly if the seller knows who you are. I think nobody on Earth deserves that Auburn more than you do. 

Honored to share space on the forums with you,    -   Carl 

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words.  I've always liked helping people find cars. It would have been a fun career. 

I remember once walking up to a guy at a cruise in, Old Town Florida probably 20 years ago now when I was down visiting family.  He had a sign prominently displayed in front of his 68 Lotus Europa. (I'm more of an American Iron type of guy and older stuff at that but if it's got wheels it atleast gets a glance from me) It proudly stated one of 8 in the US.  I said how would you like to buy number 9?  My boss at the time had one stored on the second floor of a barn we stored boats in and he was looking to sell it.  Low and behold he flew up from Florida to upstate NY and bought it.  I never got any thing out of it but it was fun to connect the two.  I've found cars for others as well,  just not something i think would generate an income.  

I know sometimes it's tough to find something particular but since I look at all sorts of sites and traders I can justify atleast window shopping for others. 

Any other requests guys?  I have a mental sticky note for that 55 Olds hardtop but haven't seen anything that great lately though there was a pretty nice one last fall when that new girl member was looking for a 50's to 60's car which I think I bombarded with too many choices and scared her away. LOL.  

We'll see on that Auburn.  I need to work on that shop a little harder to clear my plate a little.  Today was digging out the drain ditch for the eves and installing some underdrain,  then backfilling it with fresh gravel as it kept washing.  Hopefully I'll have some progress photos to post soon.  Lately it's been Property maintenance and spring clean up, about 3 acres worth of leaf blowing and tree cleanup,  plus tearing out a bunch of bushes and installing new flower beds for the wife, which I finally finished Sunday. 

It's suppose to rain tomorrow so I probably won't get much done, but I will get to see if the underdrain works. 

• Like 1

Yup. Always fun hunting cars. For me actually going out with my friends to check out cars and trucks with them is probably my 2nd most favorite activity these days , second only to driving my own vehicles. I remember you coming up with some real fine cars for the newbie lady. I wonder what became of her ? You sure have energy and know how ! And having to bring home the bacon and raise a family at the same time ! Fair warning though : No one can stay "forever young". Plan to get things finished so that when you naturally slow down, you will be able to play without distractions. I'm in my mid 70s, and don't get to play much these days. I do have a plan to change that in the not too distant future. Thanks for all the help you give. I always look forward to seeing the progress you are making.  -  Carl 

• Like 1

so Randy, brought the VT car home. there are good and bad points and in the end, it isnt an all original car, but-it will tide me over till I really find what I want.

wouldnt have found it wo you.

please pm me your full name and address and Ill do a search this week of some lit that I should have in the garage, to send your way.

lost the right windwing on the way home, because whomever installed it, didnt put it on tight. also had a couple of snaps for the top pull out, because they used plastic glue on the wormwood, when installing the top.

top was installed by Lebarron Bonney.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got one.  Even better that you are still kind of looking so I get to keep window shopping but now it will have to be a real original.  I'll let you know if I run across any. 

Hopefully those issues don't manifest into a bunch more and you can be on the road motoring before long.  I bet you could tell alot of people it was original and they would believe you,  except of course the hard core model A guys will know,  but I doubt many of them show up at the local store or such when you go for a little jaunt.  

Keep us up to date on how it all works out for you.  

Good luck. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so clogged gas line sorted out with pencil filter and then I lost power..............

went to the Ford Barn for advice and first thing mentioned was clean the points-contacts. Did that last night and fired right up!

motor looks rough, but runs surprisingly well.

Vinegar is in the rad and will be for 6 weeks.............. then flush out.

Hope to be out driving next week.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Clyde is very faded, he should be painted but I am finally getting ready to send him to a young dude who is building a Model A and T resto business here in CT, new brakes from pedal to wheels, front end, steering box, blah blah.    Engine is really strong so at least nothing to do there for a while... 😊