1937 Dodge Brothers convertible sedan for sale....

keiser31

12 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I know of a '36 that was sold about 8 years ago for about 50,000, lots of room there. I wish I needed another project. That would be a beautiful car when finished, love the color. 

After 100 G restoration to bring it to the condition of that 50G one the room is going to be tighter than foot room in a clown car at the circus. 

• Like 1

I'm not talking about making easy money.  I have a tough time making money.  It's real easy to lose it and feel really depressed when you dump a boat load into a project only to discover you are never going t ofinish it because life got in the way,  so you never get to drive it and just cut your losses when you go to sell it as it's worth a fraction when it's all apart regardless of how much is done,  all while explaining to your better half that the time and money you could have spent on her just got peed out the window.   That goes over real well.  Let me know if it's any different at your house. 

I have very few cars I will ever make any money on. That is not my reason for owning them. If I want a car I buy it. And I just don't tell her what things cost. Last time I did that it cost me a new kitchen floor. That being said, if the blue car John posted was close I would have a hard time not going to look at it. It looks like a good project and would be beautiful finished. 

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The blue car sure does lool like a better starting point than the rust patina'd 36. Although I am partial to 36s...

I get it that restoring a car is not (always) about turning a profit.  But both of these convertible sedans will absorb far, far more cash than you'd ever get back.  If you're Jay Leno, go for it!  If not proceed with caution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete in PA said:

The blue car sure does lool like a better starting point than the rust patina'd 36. Although I am partial to 36s...

I get it that restoring a car is not (always) about turning a profit.  But both of these convertible sedans will absorb far, far more cash than you'd ever get back.  If you're Jay Leno, go for it!  If not proceed with caution.

If you mean the other photos I posted....it's a 1937. Check out the dashboard....this is a 1937 dash....

1937 DB dash.jpg

It would surely be a labor of love, but if one had the cash and where with all to do a project like that, it would be a great car to have. It would be hard to find too many others.  Although the body is rough, metal can be rebuilt,  the rare pieces are trouble points, but this car looks to be mostly complete. The window trim, and top parts are there, for the most part but might be missing some of the seat parts. Many parts for this model are specific to this model and very hard to find, but it would still make a good project for someone knowledgeable enough to rebuild it. These are really beautiful cars but I think the difficulties involved with this body style will have a deciding factor on what it sales for.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

This car was listed as sold for $3152.00 on August 26th.  Now it’s back on eBay with top bid at $565.00.  Maybe the first winner showed up, discovered the true condition of the car, fainted, and then drove home with an empty trailer.  Or maybe his wife found out and he just never showed.  I have to admit, it’s an interesting car, and one that can conjure up some pleasant dreams.  But after spending five years restoring my 32 DB, which was a complete car in fairly decent condition, tackling this project would be more than I could handle.  I do hope someone can save it, it’s a cool car.

• Like 1