I hate when this happens

Matt Harwood

Browsing around eBay and, ooh, look at that!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Buick-Other/153046951611?hash=item23a24f26bb:g:RSQAAOSwgslbEvCL&vxp=mtr

Click through pictures. Nice, nice, nice, OK I guess, nice, oh %$&!(*&%#$!!!!!!!!. 

/close window

Edited by MrEarl
edit profanity (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you think that is bad, imagine all those people whom bought a new Buick, used it for transportation, and just junked it when it wasn't worth fixing anymore.

BIG percentage went that way.

On that Model 90 you can paraphrase the standard Craigslist question from "Did you save the origin wheels?" to "Did you save the straight eight?"

Bernie

2 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I see that and raise you this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202330075621?ul_noapp=true

Nah, I saw that one and the wheels and tires gave it away instantly. This '31 genuinely fooled me (of course, I'm the fool for looking at pictures first and descriptions second). It makes my heart sink to see someone spent a lot of time restoring the car properly (nice interior, right?) and then dumped a small block in it. Or worse, they took a restored car and tossed the original engine that was already functional. 

I'm always the first to tell people to do whatever they want, but it still makes my heart sink when I see this--it's a car that has no value to anyone now. It's neither fish nor foul. No real hobbyist will want it and no hot rodder will want it because it needs to be completely re-done to be a modern rod. He took a somewhat interesting, very road-worthy, and relatively valuable car (I sold my '32 90-Series sedan for about $40K) and turned it into a $12,000 beater with this "upgrade." Sometimes better isn't better. 

• Like 4

I agree. Most "upgrades" are not upgrades. The only one of three vehicles that I have driven out of state in the last month that did not leave me stranded is an original survivor 1937 Century. 

• Like 3

I agree with Matt and I even liked the look of the black walls. Very formal looking. Then I saw that they also flipped the white walls inside. Boy that looks stupid!. Maybe they were just tired of scrubbing the white walls?