1911 REO Truck For Sale

My Father in Law passed away and we are in need to assistance selling his prized possession.  He had it restored to ride in the local (NC) Christmas parade in 2016.  We have pictures and title.  The title says 1911 but some consensus says it is a 1912 or 1913 model.

We have no idea how much to ask and we do not want to allow it to sit and deteriorate.   We want someone to have it and enjoy it as he did.  

It still runs....   If interested or if you can offer ideas, please respond.  We do not know this market.

20180310_115831.jpg

20180310_115851.jpg

20180310_115926.jpg

20180310_115959.jpg

20180310_115902.jpg

Neat piece of automotive history you have there!  I hope your father in law enjoyed owning it.  Looking at it versus some others on line it's not a 100% accurate restoration which will affect its resale value.  We have a small group of REO fans on this site that might be able to help you with value.  REO does not have a huge following as compared to some other brands so finding a buyer will take some extra effort.

My condolences on your loss, I wish you the best with the sale.

Terry

I owned one of these single cylinder Reo trucks a few years back. They originally had hard rubber tires and much larger diameter wheels. This one has later small diameter demountable rim wheels. 

As a 1 cylinder chain drive vehicle they are really good for a parade vehicle. Not so much as a tour car. They are easy to drive with a 2 speed planetary transmission. Easy to start. Reo used a later Reo 1 cylinder motor and transmission. The interesting part is they used a 1905/06 Reo rear axle assembly mounted solid in the frame, and with sprockets mounted on the axle shafts. This acted as a jack shaft with chain from the solid mounted rear axle to the dead axle at the rear wheels. There was a shorter chain drive from the output shaft of the transmission to the diffy in the rear axle assy. Top speed about 15 mph, down hill with a tail wind!!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

I apologize for not responding.  I travel allot and have not had time to stay on top if this.  I have had a few people show interest,  however I am in real need of someone to make an offer or give me advice on how to price this vehicle.   We want to be fair to all involved.

The vehicle is located in NC just outside Winston Salem.     If anyone out there feels knowledgeable and can help us come up with a fair price, we welcome the advice.

• 5 years later...