Chrysler E65 (1929) - commands on steering wheel

Hello,

I have a question about Chrysler E65 (1929) steering wheel.

I believe there are 3 different levers with theirs rings. See picture of my steering wheel. Do you know what they are used to? Probably one is used for the starter what about others?

Mine are broken or missing, anyone knows where to buy some?

Thanks in advance.

Ludovic

DSC01616.JPG

My guess would be spark, throttle and lights. They generally have rods that go down through the center of the steering column.  Doubt you would find NOS. Depending on what else is missing you may be money ahead by looking for a parts car that has the majority of the parts you need still intact. Sometimes a psrts car is worth the money just to answer questions on routing, etc.

Hi there, Vintage Reproductions based in Australia  do excellent work and have these and other Chrysler 65 parts but make sure your sitting down when you look at the price but then again if you're overseas maybe the exchange rate maybe favourable mind you the Aussie dollar is trading higher then I would like sorry getting sidetracked. So the levers are lights on off park and high and low beam it should have a clumm switch on the bottom without this your pretty much buggered well that's my humble opinion but others here may have an idea where to get one. If so I would like to know as we have Dodge that requires one at the moment we have switch rigged up on the dash. The other two levers are throttle control and spark control I can get you a photo of the clumm a little later if you want as I have mine off my 65 at the moment. Hopefully this helps a little. Cheers Ben 

Hi,

thanks to all for your help, I am not at home for the moment and will be back next week (I am on holidays with madame, unfortunately for her she still hears me chatting about my car!).

From my memory I don't have any electrical connection behind this levers, but I will confirm this next week. Any that's full of good information!

As soon as I will be back I will dismount more and compare with drawing and pictures.

Thanks to all again and write again next week.