1931 buick roadster 94 series need help!!!!

Nfrutiger7

You will need to get him to measure it across where the top fits on the latch posts. Fisher body probably used the same top design on many cars. This one looks just like my 31 Chevy Cabriolet top which had a couple of different id numbers under the wood of the middle bow.

Dave

• Like 1

I thought the op was asking what the top was in the ebay offering that is being called a 29 roadster top. I am just pointing out it visually matches a 31 Chevy Cabriolet top. I am making no claims that it would work on a 94 series Buick but if the op gets the measurements I suggested he would find that out for sure.

Dave

Thanks guys very confusing ad on ebay i have reach out to the ebay seller waiting for him to contact me but my original question would these top irons fit my roadster we have the original bows was hoping some one had a roadster and could show pictures of the irons and how they attach thanks again nathan 5856109696

I just looked closer at the top on Ebay, and I can say with almost certainty that it is NOT a roadster top. Roadster tops do not attach to the body in the same way as that of a cabriolet. The first photo is the Ebay top. Note the mounting bracket. The other two photos are from a '29 Buick roadster. Notice how it is held onto the body by one bolt on each side of the car. It is similar for 1931.

Top.jpg

ebay52885.jpg

ebay52910.jpg

That's a lousy Ebay posting. More time was spent on pictures and disclaimers than necessary. And the description hardly exists. I immediately thought of the Ebay sellers who post pictures of a parts car and write the sale up for one lug nut.

If I had come across it on my own I would have rolled my eyes, said "Duh" under my breath, and moved on. OR hit the Buy It Now for the $400 with free shipping. If it didn't fit my needs I would have posted it back on Ebay with a MUCH, MUCH better description for $550. Maybe more.

I have made some good money off lazy Ebay sellers over the years.

Bernie

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 5:49 AM, Dave39MD said:

You will need to get him to measure it across where the top fits on the latch posts. Fisher body probably used the same top design on many cars. This one looks just like my 31 Chevy Cabriolet top which had a couple of different id numbers under the wood of the middle bow.

Dave

Dave is correct. That is a cabriolet, convertible coupe, or roadster roof setup for 31-32’ Fisher bodied cars. Chevy called it a cabriolet, Pontiac, a convertible coupe, and Olds, a convertible roadster. All three used the same part numbers. It might possibly fit a 50 series Buick also but not sure. For someone needing a cabriolet roof, the price is not bad considering where do you find one when you need one? Of course by the time you restore the chrome, the wood, and paint it all up you’re going to be into it for $2k but if you need it, you need it.

• 5 months later...

'29 Buick top irons are not the same as '30 and '31 ----- and in '30 and '31, the convertible coupe and roadster tops are very different.   As far as the top bows are concerned, I believe that Rich Kesselring has the patterns.  Call him at Oak Bows in Chambersburg, Pa.  I don't believe that any other GM car tops are close enough to use on your Buick, but if you can find someone who will let you make patterns from their 90 series roadster you will be ahead of the game.