1930 Ford Convertible

1930 Ford.  I was told this is a convertible.  It's not a roadster.   Has roll up windows but no window frame to the door.  Body is fairly solid.  Fenders have dents and tears.  Motor and trans are in car.  Wood is so-so.  No top bows.  Please ask questions.

Asking $6000.  Will hold for Carlisle or Hershey with deposit.

Also mechanical parts - motor, trans, axles, etc.  Would like to do a package deal on that.  Email me and I can get you pictures of what all is there.

DSCN6757.JPG

Yes, a cabriolet. it is well worth what you are asking. I have a similar one and was asking a little more and surprisingly, had no takers. So I am going through it and keeping it.

these have a fair amount of wood and not for the faint of heart to restore, but are great cars year round, because of the roll up windows.

ps, if you have any of the top components, should mention that, as the parts are quite expensive and hard to come by.

Edited by mercer09 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Cabs are cool as they have some of the niceties closed cars have.  Outside of the top components their isnt an easier prewar car to get parts for.  Still popular with stock and hot rodders as well.  Seems very fairly priced, GLWS.  

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

but generally there is not going to be much interest.  

Im sorry, but would very much disagree with this statement.

My phone rang off the hook.

Model As in general are the first stop for many car collectors. entry level yes, but incredible that you can buy pretty much any part for. Not part of the orphan club. and cabs are on the top of the list......................

• Like 1

"You can have as much fun with a Model A as with a Model J", at least that's what my pal alsancle tells me and he's a pretty smart dude.  I largely agree with him. ☺

I think the point is, these cars offer prewar experience, reasonable usability compared to the older stuff, unbeat support and parts, and a ready market.  Flip is a strong supply so you need the right buyer for a project car, but I would argue a rust free A, unlike other less supported cars of the era. Can be fairly predictable in terms of restoration costs if one does some simple research.  This can looks like a nice start to me.

Roger FWIW what I like about this one are trouble spots typical to these cars look rock solid on this unit, lower cowl in front of doors and rear quarters just behind the doors look real nice.  Just thought I would pass along, not sure if you have any experience with the A before. 

Steve no I do not, but I like cars like this to restore.  Thank you for the information, I like projects, but don't like huge hidden surprises, like broken axles that have been welded together or JB welded.  I have been burned a couple times, but not many, its a great hobby. 

I just bought a good, complete, front axle for an A, $100 and the seller was tickled pink.  A friend's Model A panel delivery was being winched onto a truck, the winch was driven off a PTO, PTO did not disengage so the front axle looked sort of like the wishbones.

Parts are plentiful, well documented what part goes where.  This seems like a fair buy, maybe not a smoking buy, but easy to compare restoration cost (as mentioned) versus buying one running and driving...

Yep, like it or not nice cars are routinely hot rodded, but that also makes for a good  supply of restored parts.  Unless one is hung up on dated parts for a high point car, most mechanical parts are interchangeable 28 - 31.  A complete engined rebuild is under 4 grand, done by a pro like Schwalm in PA for example.  This would be a great 50s ztyle hop up but an even better restoration! ☺