Tesla Truck Purchasers to receive $75,000 from Government

Mark Gregory

Anyone remember those electric GEM cars Chrysler was building up in Montana. Tax incentives didn't help. The even offered them to organizations. I was offered one for a department I ran, opted for a well worn Ford van.

Naming means a lot, confidence in the development is most important. A fully developed electric delivery truck would inspire confidence.  Maybe Ford could build one, the Developed Electric Delivery, a DEDsel. They like that SEL trim package.

hqdefault.jpg

Imagine a product that could be marketed on it's own merit without government subsidies.

Oops! I just did.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

On 12/16/2017 at 2:47 PM, mercer09 said:

Except solar, most of those couldn't make it even with free money.  

solar needs to be supplemented as well. as in the big solara scam of obammy!

All supplemental energies have done, is drive up the cost of oil for the average consumer.

The government is so efficient, isnt it?!

Thanks for the catch.  That didn't come out right.  I was thinking the joys of Solyndra when I typed it.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 11:21 AM, mcdarrunt said:

The space programs which were a "waste of money" provided all of us with way better sealants, coatings, communication and guidance systems, and the path to all the hand held devices a large percentage of the populace have glued to their hands/ head. The "deserving" programs gave us welfare, illegitimancy, and crime.

Not to mention TANG!

• Like 3

Corn farmers ar e subsidized to produce the largest pollutant in gasoline, ethanol. I believe subsidies to angora goat farmers are still in place since WWII for the making of military uniforms. Today many companies survive with subsidies. In MA, the state decided to promote wind power with tax breaks and land lease forgiveness. They then forced the electric companies to purchase green energy credits in ratio to the fossil fuel used by them to produce their electricity. Well now they are realizing the waste of dollars for this inferior type of electric generation. Subsidies are a waste and even with them we will never keep up with a communistic country like China as EVERYTHING produced belongs to the government. The whole energy subsidy program is based on the idea of climate change being primarily man made. The government has tried selling the idea,many have fallen for it , and gladly give over their dollars for a fabricated fictional reason. It’s those types of subsidies I have issue with. 

I was born, quite a while ago, in upstate New York, ummm, that's near Lake Ontario, not Westchester (please). In school I was taught that we are the government and that we appointed or elected administrative people to run things in our interest. Now, just who came up with these funds, gifts, mandates, incentives, and the like?

Oh, and don't forget the paid family leave that is so popular. I hire employees, so Thanksgiving week I received my mandated bill for paid family leave in the form of a second unemployment insurance rider to carry.

The world is too small. A nation used to be able to go out and claim the resources of another country they declared to be less civilized and exploit the indigenous peoples. Ran out of land. "We are the new indigenous."

Bernie

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 10:14 AM, Matt Harwood said:

The future is coming, like it or not, and if we want to be great again, we have to stay competitive, not pretend that if we wish hard enough, it'll be 1954 again.

This applies to a lot more than alternative fuel vehicles.  Alternative facts won't alter science

and going back to the good old days will keep us all living in the past.

• Thanks 1