Window Regulator Spring Suppliers

Mark Gregory

I have a 1931 Reo Royale that one of the springs on the front window regulator is missing . Was there many suppliers of window regulators ?  Where would one find replacement springs ? 

Would you just measure the diameter , steel thickness and number of coils ?  Or is there a different spring coil tension involved also . Thanks 

One of the supplies I have seen was a cardboard box with the different springs and the springs were painted colors to identify their use.  The inside lid of the box listed the car makes and the corresponding color.  A flea market vendor out there has this box.  Just have to find him.  eBay is probably the best place to check first.

Restoration Specialties has a large supply of these springs but unfortunately, no way for  positive identification unless they see a sample.If you have a complete broken one or if you can send them a complete part that has one on, they could check their stock. There are quite a few of these springs and most are different in some way. At one time the boxes and colors marked what the springs fit, but being jostled over many years just leaves a jumbled mess. Their phone number is 814-467-9842 and hours are 9-5 eastern time. Good hunting!

I have one or two boxes of color coded window regulator springs with the directions on what they fit. I will check and see if I have 1931 Reo Royale there is a good chance I do. I am at work now so it will be tonight. they would be easy to send your way if I have them. I picked up a lot boxes of stuff at auctions and it is funny how many times I have a part some one can use.