1928 Buick Opera Coupe

Chris Durkee

Hi Chris ! Welcome to AACA forums ! Yes indeed. DO post in Buick - Pre War below also. Some of the Buick guys are so hard-core they seldom stray far from their beloved make ! It is always wonderful to have a new kindred spirit here. Now , we all love pictures  , it helps to include as much info and specificity as possible. Here : let me throw a couple pics of my soon-to-be picked up 1930 Doctor's coupe at you. Wasn't it Rod Stewart who asked : "Every picture tells a story , don't it ?" ? You will find an answer to every question you have from your new AACA friends !   - Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/16/2017 at 7:28 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

The AACA Library & Research Center has a large collection of Buick materials and we house the Buick Heritage Alliance literature collection.  Probably have a lot here to help you.  717-534-2082  nominal charge for research and copying. 

Thank you

Chris

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, Chris Durkee said:

I just purchased a 1928 Buick Opera Coupe  and have several questions about the vehicle I purchased.   I can't find much information about this vehicle.  Is there someone on this site that is knowledgeable about this vehicle I can talk to.

Thank you

Chris 

Chris,

The 1928 Model 48 4 passenger coupe sold new for $1465 and weight was 3835#.  9002 were made and it was the Master Six Series with a 120" wheel base.   Engine was 274 cu in with 77 BHP @ 2800 RPM.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:40 AM, Mark Shaw said:

Chris,

The 1928 Model 48 4 passenger coupe sold new for $1465 and weight was 3835#.  9002 were made and it was the Master Six Series with a 120" wheel base.   Engine was 274 cu in with 77 BHP @ 2800 RPM.

Mark, where do I find the Buick section on the website?  Thank you for the statistics.

Chris

On 10/16/2017 at 6:59 AM, Rogerrabbit said:

Chris, PM me and I should be able to help you, I have a 30.

Thank you, can you email me your phone number? My email address is crd8481@gmail.com