Need a Brass Plating Shop

dpeeler

I need a brass plating shop to plate a number of small pieces on a brass car I'm doing. I thought it would be like finding a good chrome plating shop....but finding out it is far different! Chrome plating shops won't do it and color consistency, environmental issues and just plain pricing seem to be the issues. My "go to" chrome plater won't touch brass and even suggests going with gold plating...which even at the extra cost, doesn't look exactly like brass!

Has anyone had good luck with a brass plater that they can recommend and what is typical turnaround time and general pricing??

Thanks!

PS. I'm not referring to brass restoration, ie. headlamps, etc. but actual brass plating of non-brass parts. 

I have used Art Brass Plating in Seattle , WA.  206-767-4443 , in buisiness for over 100 years. But a good shakedown Google search might get you someone closer to you. I am often in Seattle , I can't picture a situation in which my presence could be of service to you , but I would be glad to do so in any case.   - Carl

I know of one early car out there that was restored at a professional shop and has the brass gold plated...owner didn't want to have to shine it, and gold never tarnishes....radiator shell, lights, everything....

A friend of mine just had some early car shift and brake levers brass plated, he was pleased with work but it's expensive, I'll get the name of the shop for you....he's a late sleeper!